What are the best schools to apply late to?

<p>What schools have a good acceptence rate on late application? Not exactly the top-tier schools, but still a quality education.</p>

<p>Um... St. Andrew's in Boca Raton, FL has rolling acceptance... but i'm not sure how hte academics are/how the dorms are or anything else about it...</p>

<p>Peddie has rolling admissions, but it's top tier so I don't know if you'd be interested.</p>

<p>Purnell in New Jersey has I think an 85% acceptance rate and rolling admissions.</p>

<p>Also, if you're needing financial aid and are accepted, they take the FA from the accepted students that decided not to attend and give some of it to the accepted students who applied late.</p>

<p>Penn State</p>

<p>We didn't do rolling admissions. However, I've been following this board for 2 years and have learned a little about rolling admissions.</p>

<p>Go to Boarding</a> School Review - College-Prep & Jr. Boarding Schools and look for schools with rolling admissions. Many schools will have a few openings after mid-April contract signing. Some will have more than just a few. </p>

<p>Find the schools that interest you, and call them to ask if they might still have a few openings. I would not call a school and say something like "I heard that you are a rolling admissions school." </p>

<p>If you are looking for financial aid, I am guessing that this is difficult. Many schools already have waitlists for fa. sbergman who sometimes posts for St. Andrews Sewanee said that they often have fa after the first round of admissions. </p>

<p>In late April/early May, the scca list will be posted on the ssat website. This is a list of schools that still have openings. Some schools may still have a few openings but not be on the list. If my memory is correct, here are a few great schools that were on the list last year: Northfield Mt. Hermon, Berkshire, Williston Northampton, Emma Willard, Miss Porters, Westover, Avon Old Farms, Salisbury and Trinity Pawling. </p>

<p>Here are some more great schools that you might call to see if they have a few openings: Kent, Masters (boarding), Tabor, Gunnery, Blair, Pomfret, Loomis (some years). This is not a exhaustive list -- I've just heard these might have some. I don't think any of these were on the scca list. Once you venture outside of the northeast, I suspect there are many more. Good luck!</p>