What are the ``little ivies'' of midwest and west?

<p>I'm trying to branch out, I know New England, but what about other regions, particularly the west?</p>

<p>West:</p>

<p>The Claremont Colleges (The most "prestigious" being Pomona, Claremont McKenna, and Harvey Mudd)
Reed College
Whitman College
Colorado College</p>

<p>The three claremonts I listed and Reed seem to be the most respected on these boards, but Whitman and Colorado are excellent schools as well. The few friends I have going to those schools all seem to rave about their college experience. I'm sure Scripps and Pitzer (the other claremonts) are great schools as well, though I have no personal experience or knowledge about them.</p>

<p>Midwest:</p>

<p>Carleton College
Grinnell College
Oberlin College
Macalester College</p>

<p>Again, all excellent schools. Carleton and Grinnell seem to have the most respect on these boards, but that is just my perception. </p>

<p>I'm sure there are more, but these are the schools that immediately came to mind.</p>

<p>U of Michigan</p>

<p>Isaac, with 26,000 undergrads and 16,000 graduate students, Michigan is not small. hehe!</p>

<p>I would add Kenyon to the list of excellent LACs in the Midwest. The more I ready about that school, the more I like it.</p>

<p>Midwest:
Carleton
Oberlin
Grinnell
Kenyon
Macalester
Denison
Beloit
Lawrence</p>

<p>Of the colleges I know about:</p>

<p>Midwest - Carleton, Grinnell, Macalester, Oberlin, Kenyon, Wash U in St. Louis, U Chicago, and Northwestern (I know those last three aren't exactly little but academically I view them as "Western Ivies.")</p>

<p>Likewise, for the West I'd say the Claremont Colleges (particularly, as one user mentioned, Pomona, Claremont McKenna, and Harvey Mudd), Reed, and Caltech.</p>