What are the restricted majors?

<p>By restricted major I refer to those majors you're not gaurenteed into, even if you're in the top 10%.</p>

<p>I've heard the following go by rank order (top 1%,top 2%, top 3%,....until they fill up).</p>

<p>1.Business
2.Biomedical Engineering
3.Civil Engineering
4.Mechanical Engineering</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the last two. Can anyone verify these or add more majors that they know of?</p>

<p>Business is the major one. You can still get rejected from any major if they so deem fit. But Business is the main one. </p>

<p>I haven't even heard about any of the engineerings doing that, but if they were going to do that with any engineering it would be EE, but I am pretty sure they don't on any. </p>

<p>All being in top 10% guarantees is that you get into the school(Liberal arts major).</p>

<p>no top 10% gets u into ur school choice inside of UT based on ur rank in the order like 1% first 2% second etc until 75% of a school is filled w/ automatic admits. So yea i think business is usually filled by the time top 3% comes around i think w/ engineering its also around like top 5% when it gets full. If u dont get the automatic admish then u r put into a pool of applicants for the remaining 25% of the slots for ur school.</p>

<p>I think Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Business are the ones?</p>