What books have you guys read?

<p>Hey, to Columbia applicants, what were some of the interesting books that you read and put down on the app.? anything interesting and out of the ordinary? I put "The 48 Laws of Power" and "The God Delusion"..</p>

<p>i put stuff in both Spanish (say, Borges' "ficciones" or "burlador de sevilla" and English (say, "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time")</p>

<p>what i would find even more interesting, is who put what for "shows and exhibits"</p>

<p>I thought these questions were really hard to answer. We've all been alive for nearly 2 decades--we've read a lot of books!</p>

<p>I put mostly poetry & biography, because that is what I read the most...</p>

<p>umm, i can't even really remember!!! i am a english nerd and so the book question was hard because i really couldn't remember much. shows & exhibits were much easier; hubbard street dance, two orchestral concerts, an art exhibit, i think i may have thrown a rock concert that i went into in there for a bit of fun</p>

<p>I just answered honestly since they asked for books read in the past year.</p>

<p>"Doing School: How We Are Creating a Generation of Stressed-Out, Materialistic, and Miseducated Students", "the Wal-Mart Effect", The Thin Man, "the Fountainhead", "American Gods", Barack Obama's bibliography (the old one), and "Network Security for Dummies".</p>

<p>I considered doing the whole picking-of-titles-that-sounded-smart-and-eclectic but then I just went for honesty. 2007 was a weird reading year for me.</p>

<p>Read for pleasure in last year:
A Brief History of Time, Thomas More's Utopia, The Republic of Plato, The Inferno, Descartes' A Discourse on the Method, The Undiscovered Self, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, Man's Search for Meaning, The Fountainhead, The Doors of Perception, 1984, Dr. Faustus, In The Belly of the Beast. </p>

<p>Required readings I enjoyed in the last year: The Great Gatsby, Thomas Paine's Common Sense, The Grapes of Wrath, Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, Moby-Dick, The Jungle, As I Lay Dying, Sophie's World.</p>

<p>lol @ ....
[quote]
Barack Obama's bibliography (the old one)

[/quote]
</p>

<p>For Pleasure: REA's How to Prepare for the AP United States History Exam</p>

<p>Required: This one SAT reading passage about fire ants versus regular ants. I heart science!</p>

<p>
[quote]
Barack Obama's bibliography

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I hope that was a CC-exclusive typo for the sake of your $70 application fee.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Haha, I didn't even notice the mistake until you guys all pointed it out.</p>

<p>I can't remember what I put down exactly, and no way am I relooking at my app :)</p>

<p>^ Even if you wish to, you can't look a your app. The last time I logged into my account, the entire application was locked.</p>

<p>Haha, wow that mistake made me laugh. :D I was proofreading a research paper when I wrote the initial post. Thank god I printed the application and everything is fine and dandy. I wrote the title.</p>