organisms and the environment
geometry
algebra
algebra2
intergraded algebra and data analysis
Pe and helth
computer aplication
computer aplication 2</p>

<p>I didn't take a foreign language. I was only in school for aabout 3 years and i have just graduated from high school. I need aid badly.</p>

<p>I took the ACT test in April I got a composit of 24</p>

<p>English-22 Mathematics-19
Reading-27 Science-27
Combined English/Writing-18; I did bad on the essay</p>

<p>I just retook the ACT test a few days ago. and I've not taken and SAT test. I'm not sure if I need to.</p>

<p>I want to go to a collage in California but I live in Ohio.</p>

<p>I wanted to go to UCLA or Stanford. I want to take Computer programing and biochemistry. What other schools could I go t?</p>

<p>You have taken no honors or AP classes. Your test scores are terrible. And it looks like you don't have any ECs that are even worth mentioning.</p>

<p>Honestly, you will be rejected from every UC school and you have absolutely no chance at Stanford (What?) or UCLA.</p>

<p>Invest in a state school. It'll ease the financial burden and is a lot more reasonable.</p>

<p>Yes, UCLA and Stanford are far beyond your reach, but there are plenty of other schools in the country that you could get into. You did not mention your grades, though.</p>

<p>You are probably looking at starting at a school in your home state given that you need a lot of aid. It's unlikely you would get much aid at any school in CA you could get into now. Consider 2 years at a state school and then transferring. UCLA will never give much aid to an out of state student, but several privates in CA do.</p>

<p>My grades are either going to be 2.94 or 3.1*</p>

<p>I wasn't told that 24 was bad. I retook the test and i have no idea what I'll get. my math score was bad because I left some blank.</p>

<p>If I wanted to go to a CC I could have just took a F-ing GED. I don't like to think that going to highschool was a waste of time.</p>

<p>Well considering you have the intelligence to worry about your education, seems like your not completely hopeless. Invest in a cheaper community college or state university and try transferring out. Plus, you'll have a hell of an essay talking about how you went from some stupid teen to a mature college 'scholar' =D</p>

<p>[Well considering you have the intelligence to worry about your education, seems like your not completely hopeless. Invest in a cheaper community college or state university and try transferring out. Plus, you'll have a hell of an essay talking about how you went from some stupid teen to a mature college 'scholar' =D]</p>

<p>This was never the case. See I spent 4 years out of school between middle school and high school. I went to a virtual high school in my school district. I completed school in less than 3 years, I took internship too. I passes my state's graduation test with a high score so my ACT scores are bad because I only studied to english.</p>

<p>Now see I was out of school for 4 years because I had no place to live. I still have no place to live. But I decided that instead of taking the GED test and being limited to a community college I'd get a diploma and try to get into a regular 4 year college.</p>

<p>Our state college is OSU, I would try and go ther if I was desperate. but I really want to get out of the state because of family problems.</p>

<p>How about going to a state school in a different part of Ohio from where your family lives?</p>

<p>maybe, then I could leave after a year.</p>

<p>Should I take the SAT test. Should I do what my mother wants and go to Spelmen, they don't require much.</p>

<p>I noticed that alot of people are not taking the ACT test. Is there are reason?</p>

<p>Some people still prefer the SAT's (they've got a name, you know?). It could be the case with HYPS and stuff like that, but ACT's fine.</p>

<p>HYPS?</p>

<p>Anyway, I thought the ACT was better than the SAT nowdays.</p>

<p>Well ACT is being more recognized, because its easier for many people b/c they find it easier to know stuff they actually learned in school rather than critical thinking type stuff on the SAT's. So it's not preferred, but gaining ground to become equal to SAT's (it's up there with it, but a 36 ACT and 2400 SAT are two different accomplishments if you get what I meant).</p>

<p>HYPS-
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Stanford</p>

<p>People sometimes say HYPSM, what is M? Michigan?</p>

<p>you could look at easy schools to get into in cali or a CC there. where in california? i'm sure you can get into at least one school there. good luckk!</p>

<p>MIT 10 char</p>

<p>If you haven't alreadyh, invest in or go to library and check out USNews college report. Look at schools where you would be in the top end of their 25%-75% (middle 50%) range. It sounds like you would have an amazing essay/story to tell about yourself. There are plenty of schools for you to go to - but your top schools are not attainable right now, especially if you are wanting scholarship money. Thats why you'll want to pick a school where you are more at the top of the heap, and therefore more likely to get merit aid. You may also qualify for financial aid. In the fall, there are college fairs. Look into attending them and use that opportunity to speak with admissions officers who are there, to get a feel for your chances. Use your time on the internet to research colleges - go on Collegeboard.com, if you haven't already and do a search with your criteria. Good Luck!</p>

<p>Yeah, your school guidance counselor may have some knowledge from previous students about where kids are going with something similar to what you have</p>

<p>well students that have better grades were doing bad on the ACT from what I've heard. So no one in my class went to a top school. I think one went to an okay school.</p>

<p>see there was a student that was on the national honor society who scored a 19 on the ACT.
I just took the SAT practice test> I got reading-610, writing-580, Math- 460.</p>

<p>My write is bad and I know it. I'm just surprised that my math was so bad.</p>

<p>those SAT stats 1650 are on the 2400 scale.</p>

<p>1650 is equal to the ACT 24.</p>

<p>by the way I was having some issues with the graft on the practice test. Can anyone give me some insight into how the SAT works. I was alittle confused I didn't expect 10 sections.</p>