<p>Currently the SEC is staffed with alot of ex-Wall Street people…probably part of the problem right now, IMO. with this major, you could be one of those educated in the intricacies of the financial markets with the goal of working in the gov’t; bypassing Wall Street looks like a smart move right now if you are interested in the topic…</p>
<p>Also, looks like a decent pre-law major as well…interesting find…</p>
<p>It definitely does seem like something I could see myself doing. The only issue is, will I be able to find a job with it after graduation? With accounting, I can pretty much guarantee that I will have a job. I don’t know what the prospects will be like with this. I might just minor in this.</p>
<p>There definitely seems to be a great need for this skillset at this time. Of course, it would not provide you all of the flexibility and options that an accounting major would though.</p>