<p>I think maybe some type of banking or finance</p>

<p>I don't care what industry or major or country</p>

<p>What are your thoughts?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>A crab Fisherman who owns his own rig off the coast of Alaska!</p>

<p>imperial concubine</p>

<p>a judge....</p>

<p>yeah, Judge Judy is one of the wealthiest people in the US. Seriously!</p>

<p>I'd agree that the finance route has the most potential for power and wealth.</p>

<p>Or become a professional athlete or entertainer.</p>

<p>Most wealth: finance, or business if you're really good at it.
Most power: non-electoral politics (lobbying, NGOs, high-level civil service).</p>

<p>Or so goes my impression.</p>

<p>Best of both worlds (argh Hannah Montana has ruined that cliche...): Green regulation consultant baron.</p>

<p>what the **** is power mang</p>

<p>Depends on what you define as power... You can have a lot of money and have no control over your life and never enjoy it constantly being enslaved to your job. You could have lots of control over your life and be able to enjoy it while being the poorest person in the world. Its just depends on how you view life.</p>

<p>gensgym:
"most power: non-electoral politics (lobbying, NGOs, high-level civil service)"</p>

<p>That interesting. How so?</p>

<p>Honestly, questions like this have to be qualified with:
1) How easy/hard is it to get on that career track.
2) How easy/hard is it to stay on that career track.</p>

<p>Becoming a wealthy hedge fund manager is not easy. There are many people in the finance industry and few get to be that wealthy. It's much more likely that someone will become a managing director for an investment bank than a hedge fund manager (this is a merely a numbers game). Even so, the chance of becoming a managing director is extremely low (when accounting for the very high bar to even become an IB analyst).</p>

<p>I believe that a Medical Doctor with a lucrative specialization is still probably the "easiest/non-risky" way to 99th percentile income.</p>

<p>Entrepreneur</p>

<p>Play the risk game -- energy trading. If you do choose that, I might be seeing you soon! (:</p>

<p>Or be a hermit, you'll be your own king, and your reign of power will be over all your people (=you).</p>

<p>'Most wealth: finance, or business if you're really good at it.'</p>

<p>what professions besides Investment banking?</p>

<p>'I believe that a Medical Doctor with a lucrative specialization is still probably the "easiest/non-risky" way to 99th percentile income.'</p>

<p>what other professions?</p>

<p>Here are the options:
1: Corporate Lawyer at a BigLaw Firm
2: Finance
3: Entrepreneur</p>

<p>Im interested in the answers too</p>

<p>Anyone in management has considerable power and monetary budget and can make significant changes/decisions for their company. All I can say is, "Be careful what you wish for" because it is lonely at the top for a reason. And that loneliness is actually not fun.</p>

<p>What you find is that there is much more to life than power and money. And it is a hard lesson to learn. For example, a relative of mine is a self made millionaire and to this day he regrets not having kids and a whole family...he spent all this time working. He has no one to leave his money to....</p>

<p>Is adoption out of the question for him?</p>

<p>when you guys say 'finance' leads to the most wealth and power, do those working as quants count as well?</p>

<p>'Anyone in management has considerable power and monetary budget and can make significant changes/decisions for their company.'</p>

<p>dont consultants and financiers get to TELL those managers what to do?</p>

<p>'a relative of mine is a self made millionaire'</p>

<p>how did he become a millionaire? thats quite an accomplishment</p>

<p>SCOTUS Justice. That's real power right there. On the way, you accumulate a good amount of money, and justices' salaries are currently fixed at ~220,000 and cannot be cut.</p>