What colleges could I get into with this resume?

<p>I have ambitions to get into a good medical program at a top college. What colleges could I get into with this resume?</p>

<p>Weighted 10-12 GPA: 4.26
SAT Score: 2170
Subject Tests:
Math II- 750
Chemistry- 740
Biology E/M- 740
4's and 5's on all AP Tests</p>

<p>Extra Curricular Activities:
Editor for the School Newspaper
100 Hours of Community Service at a Hospital
2 Summer Internships at UCI School of Medicine for Beckman Laser Institute and the National Institute of Health
Volunteer Work at LINC Housing (underprivileged child center)
Experience with Shadowing Doctors
Co-President of one club at school
Member of National Honor Society at School
2 Years on Junior Varsity Track and Field
Experience in Foreign Drama Performances
Finalist at Multiple Science Fairs (Intel, Siemens, JSHS, OCSEF, etc.)</p>

<p>It's better to list a few schools you have in mind and if you don't know specific schools a specific area would be helpful to suggest schools. Thanks!</p>

<p>^I agree. There are so many colleges, and without knowing which ones you have in mind, we can't really help you out. From what I see, you have a pretty good resume, but if you have an ivy league or other top tier college in mind, you might want to raise your SAT score a bit. (Also, it would help if you provided your UW GPA)</p>

<p>In addition to what Vince011 already stated, your class rank/class size would be helpful.</p>

<p>For college, I would be happy with a good UC like UCLA or UC Berkeley, but just out of curiosity, does my resume have the caliber for a top tier college like MIT, Harvard, or Cornell? I didn't think my GPA and SAT scores were high enough. What would be a good GPA and SAT to have to target good schools like those? My unweighted GPA is 3.93 and I stand at about the top 4-6% of my class</p>

<p>Thanks for the help!!!!!!</p>

<p>Your GPA and class rank are good, regardless of where you apply. Your SAT score is good enough to give you a chance at Cornell, but MIT and Harvard are probably out of reach. Overall, your ECs are not bad, but more leadership positions would benefit you significantly in that area.</p>

<p>I would say that you have a decent chance at UCLA or UC Berkeley considering they look for SAT scores around 2200. If you are OOS for UCs then your chances are not as good.</p>

<p>Thanks!!!</p>

<p>I am in state, so my chances are better for UCLA and Berkeley, right? I have one last chance to take the SAT in October this year, if I got 2250+ on it, would that improve my chances of getting in to UCLA or Berkeley? Also, if, hypothetically, I had a 4.375 GPA and a 2250+ SAT, and all of the same EC's, would that put me in the league for MIT and Harvard?</p>

<p>Surely, improving your SAT to 2250+ would improve your chances at Berkeley and UCLA. You have good chances as it is for UCs, especially since you are in-state. Harvard and MIT typically look for 2300+ SATs. Your ECs show your medical focus and I would say that Harvard and MIT are obviously reaches, but possible if your SATs end up around 2300.</p>