What do I do? No seriously.

<p>Ok, I reviewed the math/critical reading section of the PSAT I took which was officially administered on OCT 2010. I received a 162.</p>

<p>However, I came to the conclusion that if I wasn't stressed during the day of the test, I would have bumped up 20-30 points by itself to a 180-190 on the PSAT. Since most of the questions were careless mistakes due to the time limit imposed. Also I was fairly unfamiliar to the format of the PSAT/SAT as I was a freshmen, but just with the bare minimum knowledge. But I just CAN'T for the life of me be imposed to time restrictions. Most tests I take at school are very long (in terms of test and time) so most of the time I have enough time to finish a test. </p>

<p>However in this test, I didn't even have time to even finish half the student response, or critical reading. </p>

<p>Thus I hesitated and failed miserably on the math section due to the pressure I felt during the first CR section.</p>

<p>(Order of the sections were) CR->M->CR->W</p>

<p>Any help on how to manage time? I cringe each time I see a time limit where the allotted time is around a minute for each question. That means if you stumble on a hard question, that means you missed on your chance to get another question right...</p>

<p>@That last sentence: That's not really true. It might average to 1 minute per question, but easy questions like sentence completions or early-section math problems will probably only take like 10ish seconds per, leaving you with an actual time of 1 minute and 50 seconds for each hard question.</p>

<p>Just like Usain Bolt, you have to build up speed. </p>

<p>Practice without time limits, and see how long it takes to both complete a section and check it to your satisfaction. </p>

<p>With practice, speed will come. Rome wasn't built in a day. Usain Bolt didn't become the fastest sprinter in a day. But the day that you can beat the clock will come :).</p>