What do you do if...

<p>Your school does not provide classes that correspond with SAT II Subject Tests. For instance, I have AP US History this year and I'll be taking that subject test. I also have AP Bio but I do not feel comfortable taking that subject test. (all we learned so far was evolution, animal behavior, and chem. up to pg. 15 in cliffs book. NO JOKE!) I know there is an english test but AP English isn't offered in my school until senior year. So, basically, do I just have to self study one of the other subjects besides U.S. History?</p>

<p>Have you been studying (or are you a native speaker of) a foreign language? If you have/are, you could take one of those Subject Tests.</p>

<p>Really, although taking an AP class is an extra benefit, as long as you've had some experience with the subject and you review, you don't need to be in an AP class to take the corresponding Subject Test. I never took AP Chem, only honors, and yet I got my best score on the chemistry subject test (740).</p>

<p>You could also get tutoring. I screwed up my math test because I took a year of calculus when I took the test (and it didn't come in handy for the Math II exam), so I got a tutor and then I rocked it.</p>

<p>yeah if there are good tutors in your neighborhood for not that much $$ (maybe college students) you should look in to that</p>

<p>pick up a review book and start reading.</p>

<p>I agree with cory...I have a friend who never took a world history course in his life, studied from the review book, and got his highest score on that one (740 I think).</p>

<p>You don't need to have taken AP English to take the Literature SAT II. Check out some sample questions and see if they're things that might play to your talents.</p>

<p>The math exams are also options - which math class are you in right now?</p>

<p>If you take a foreign language, definitely consider taking the exam in that language as well. Some colleges accept SAT II scores for placement in language classes.</p>