<p>I love the Chick-fil-A :).</p>
<p>lindz, somebodynew, hardtoimpress—poll your friends—we’re curious as to the answers, too!</p>
<p>Here are the answer the Orientation Advisors gave.</p>
<p><a href=“http://www.orientation.umd.edu/studentstaff.html[/url]”>http://www.orientation.umd.edu/studentstaff.html</a></p>
<p>Smoothies at the CRC are amazing. Maryland Day (yesterday) was pretty awesome too.</p>
<p>Is one of them you?</p>
<p>Mhmm. I said smoothies. But really it’s the people.</p>
<p>It’s kind of disheartening to see all of the, “FOOTBALL GAMES!!!11!!” responses. Yes, I know Maryland is good at sports. No, I don’t like them. YES, I AM A KILLJOY.</p>
<p>the bubble tea place right next to the campus… :)</p>
<p>Bubble tea???</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>You and my son would get along great!</p>
<p>Even though a lot of Maryland students are into sports and going to sports games, you’ll find plenty of students who choose not to go. If it’s not your thing, it’s not your thing. However, since it’s such a big school Maryland probably offers “your thing.”</p>
<p>someone please explain bubble tea to astrophysics mom. i hate the stuff and thinking about it is making me queasy!</p>
<p>my favorite thing is the Mall. i love walking on it on a nice day and seeing students laying out, walking dogs, playing with frisbees, guys with their shirts off… etc. it’s very “collegiate” and part of what made me choose UMD.</p>
<p>lindz :)</p>
<p>I’ve never heard of it, but the concept didn’t do too much for me. I live in NC now, and I’ll admit that “sweet tea” is usually my beverage of choice at restaurants. The concept of it being carbonated doesn’t appeal.</p>
<p>So, Mellow…what’s the draw?</p>
<p>The “bubbles” aren’t really bubbles. They’re tapioca balls–“pearls”–at the bottom of the drink. You drink them up through a really big straw. It comes in a bunch of flavors. Pretty tasty.</p>
<p><a href=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea[/url]”>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea</a></p>
<p>Hmmm. I’ll wait for the reviews from D in the fall, but I think I’ll probably be sticking to the MD ice cream when I come up to visit. (but I don’t like smoothies or milk shakes very much either…prefer my drinks to be all liquid – yet something else that puts me in the wierdo category!!!)</p>
<p>Bubble tea is very sweet, a lot like a smoothie + tapioca balls at the bottom. I personally don’t care for it, but my 13 year old daughter LOVES them.</p>
<p>It’s like a smoothie… with tapioca bubbles on the bottom. If you’ve ever tried tapioca pudding, then it’s like those things, except a bit chewier. Technically, you could opt out of the bubbles, hehe. I personally like the japanese green tea flavor at the UMD place (it’s called Ten Ren).</p>
<p>I love the women during warm season ;)</p>
<p>My awesome schedules so far! No classes on Friday first two semesters (14 and 15 cr.) and Fall 2007 I have no classes on Mon and Wed. Muahah!! And that’s with 16 cr!</p>