What does 1 page mean?

<p>How do the 1 page essays need to be formatted? Most of my essays are a couple of lines longer than 1 page with 12 font times new roman 1'' margins. Could I make the font 11 or 11.5 or make the margins .9''? Should I leave it how it is?</p>

<p>You should change the font/margins to make it fit one page</p>

<p>should it be single spaced?</p>

<p>if your submitting online the common app will format it for you. </p>

<p>otherwise, be reasonable.</p>

<p>yes it should be single spaced, double spaced 500 words takes up two pages.</p>

<p>Applicants> How long are your essays? My first experience essay is 730 words in total.</p>

<p>Originally my personal essay was ~900 words, but obviously that didn't fit onto one page.
I didn't wanna stretch the margins any more than 1" because that's kinda weird... So I managed to cut it down, and now it's 645.
I think that's long enough since it's probably only supposed to be ~500 words to begin with.</p>

<p>my essays are ~700 words and i really don't want to shorten them anymore :( they fit on the common app, but should i try to cut them down anyway?</p>

<p>Yea same here. I think shortening them beyond 700 will make it sound choppy. I know someone who used 11 sized font and 1 inch margins for an essay (and she got in).</p>

<p>i don't think they'll reject anyone just cuz he wrote long essays. but if they find my essays boring AND long...then we have a problem. lol</p>