What is "is"?

<p>According to Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign she "misspoke" when she said, during a speech last Monday referring to her experience in Bosnia: "I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."</p>

<p>Now, I'd be happy to cut her some slack if the campaign said, "Oh wait, that wasn't Bosnia...that was <insert war-torn="" nation="" where="" she="" actually="" did="" have="" the="" stated="" experience="">". Instead they said she "misspoke". "Oh whoopsie! I meant to say Chelsea was with me and we were greeted by a cute little girl."??? How is this not a boldfaced lie?</insert></p>

<p>Clinton</a> 'misspoke' over sniper claims - Hillary Clinton News - MSNBC.com</p>

<p>Clinton is a liar and isn't fit for office.</p>

<p>Not only that she said it was the first time she had misspoke (lied) in 12 years, even though she told the same lie repeatedly in the last few months. Remember, she's the one claiming "35 years" of governing experience (look at her recently released First Lady schedules and you'll see that's bogus). She also didn't know how the Rose Law Firm records got found in the White House map room. She "didn't remember" 98 times in front of a grand jury. And she once even claimed to be Jewish (due to having a Jewish step Grandfather or something). Why is this just now a surprise?</p>

<p>"I invented the Internet" is misspeaking. Two sentences describing events that never happened? Not so much.</p>

<p>I think the 35 years refers to the experience that she had to deal with Bill's spinning machine. It certainly rubbed off on her. :D</p>