What is the chance I hit the bullseye that is acceptance... Thank you.

<p>First of all, thank you for reading through another chance me thread. I know that in the end, I will never know until I get the decision from the admission officers themselves, but it is very comforting to see what my rough chances are… so I have two questions. So for those still with me, I have two questions that I would kindly ask for you to consider while you skim over my statistics:</p>

<p>1) What is roughly my chance of acceptance compared to other RD applicants to Harvard, Princeton, University of Chicago, MIT, Yale?
2) If you were an admissions officer at these schools, would you accept me here?
Thanks in advance guys.</p>

<p>Stats:
Male, Minnesota, Caucasian</p>

<p>Academia:
GPA: 3.99UW
SAT: 2300 (800 M, 720 CR, 780W)
SAT II: 800 US History, 800 Chem, 800 Math 2
AP Tests: APUSH (5), Euro (5), Calc BC (5), Lang/Comp (5), Stats (5)
Senior Year Courseload: Multivariable Calc., AP Econ, AP Comp Sci, AP Lit., CIS Comp, CIS Spanish 5, AP Physics, AP Chem.
Major Awards: National Forensic League Degree of Honorx2, Degree of Excellencex2, ExCEL Nominee, AAA Award Winner, 2 time Tri-Athlete Award, AP Scholar w/ Distinction</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Cross Country (4 years): Captain, All Conference, State Qualifier, Academic State Award Winner, Academic State Gold, Academic State Silver, 2 time Scholar Athlete of the Year, 3 time section qualifier, three varsity letters</p>

<p>Swimming (4 years): Captain, 2 time Academic State Silver, 3 varsity letters, most improved, 4 time section qualifier, True team section runners up, 4 time true team section qualifier, True team State Qualifier, Section Finalist (100 Breastroke)</p>

<p>Track and Field (4 Years): 3 Time True Team Sectional Qualifier, 2 Time Sectional Qualifier, Most Improved, Scholar Athlete of the Year, 2 Time Varsity Letter Award Winner, Honor Roll Time in 2 events (Mile-4:30, 2 Mile-9:56), 2 Time Sectional Medalist</p>

<p>Debate (3 Years): 3 Time State Qualifier, Classic Debate State Quarter Finalist, Classic Debate State Quarter Finalist, National Forensic League Member, NFL Degree of Honor, Degree of Excellence, Most Improved, 2 time Letter Award Winner - I also coach novices on the team</p>

<p>Student Council (3 Years): Officer, Organized various things, including running a school wide Community Cup that includes a $1000 prize and a choice of charity, and also ran initiative for healthier district school lunches, 2 letter awards</p>

<p>National Spanish Honor Society (2 Years): I don’t know, lol</p>

<p>National Honor Society (2 Years): Dialogues Director: (I have organized city wide presentations on various topics with very well known people, for example, globalization, modern media, etc- Its kind of a big deal, and may be topic of an essay.), Volunteer Gold Award, Attended State Leaders Conference, Dodgeball Committee (ran a local dodgeball tourney where all proceeds go to JDRF, lots of money raised), lots of leadership things</p>

<p>LINC: LINC 101 - Leadership Class, get school credit on my transcript
LINC Leadership, Leadership, do large scale leadership with Freshmen and newbies at school
LINC 301: Captains training</p>

<p>Summer Activities:</p>

<p>Work Experience: Lifeguard/WSI Instructor</p>

<p>Volunteer Work: Tons with NHS (300+ Hours Total? + Every summer since 7th Grade I help teach “Space Camp” for little children….[that sounded really creepy], Captain+organizer for a local “Relay for Life” Team), big ones include Red cross, hospital, others. Most importantly, I started volunteering in any way I could for JDRF after my brother was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, the disease has impacted our family a lot.</p>

<p>Running Camp: …I ran a lot (400 Mile Club)</p>

<p>Swimming Camp: ….I swam a lot</p>

<p>Star Wars Collectable Card Game Club: I played competitive star wars collectable card game. I went to states, regionals, and nationals! Got 8th in Regionals, 2nd in a local tourney, and competed in nationals (I beat my former “master”, heh heh)</p>

<p>Triathlons: I independently train and compete in triathlons after seeing Ironman on TV - I love them! Strongly want to be in the triathlon team if I get in. Triathlons may be a topic of an essay for me.</p>

<p>definitely have a chance! You sound like a really unique individual with a passion for life (haha sounds corny but true!) and great academics to boot. best of luck!</p>

<p>Great stats! Looks like an EVHS student. Good luck tomorrow!</p>

<p>Excellent reference.</p>

<p>Do I sense another Skyrim fan? :P</p>

<p>I used to think chance me threads were good predictors of college admissions, until I took an arrow to the knee.</p>

<p>Yale needs more skyrim folks.</p>

<p>you got 140% chance</p>

<p>Well…you seem to fit the profile very well (scholar/athlete/community service). Only thing now is recommendations should back it up. I would definitely think you are a very strong applicant unless something in the essay messes it up. Congratulations on balancing so much. Varsity sports/debate and maintaining the gpa is no easy task.</p>

<p>+5 for you!</p>

<p>Definitely seem to be on target in terms of test scores and EC’s. Just make sure you sell yourself in your essays and teacher recs.</p>

<p>Are you a junior or senior. From this thread <a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/1224572-psat-scoring-questions.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/1224572-psat-scoring-questions.html&lt;/a&gt; it seems you just took the PSAT.</p>

<p>your ecs are good and your marks are high… i would say you are on the better side of the spectrum… but you never know, MIT is known for being selective</p>

<p>Wow you’re incredible. You stand a good chance bart.</p>

<p>You should definitely hit up the track coaches. That 1600 time is pretty impressive.</p>

<p>Define “good chance” - I think the overall admit rate is close to single digits. Three fraternity brothers are alumni interviewers and none have been able to figure out what makes some candidates successful applicants and others not. (Other than the competition is tougher now than it was back in the day…)</p>

<p>Your numbers and ECs are solid. That probably describes 100% of MIT’s applicants. What I remember my friends saying is MIT looks for people who are also creative, motivated, curious, and want to solve the tough problems at the boundaries of science, technology and society. And they (we) may be nerds but we’re well-rounded nerds. I would definitely give it a go.</p>

<p>Agree with w1- talk to the athletic department. They don’t have the pull of their D1 counterparts, but will have suggestions and can help.</p>

<p>Everyone told me the same great things in chance threads and I got deferred…lol
But good luck! You seem great!</p>

<p>Based on your SAT score and per 2011 admit history and SAT score relationship at Princeton, you stand a 21.5% chance.</p>

<p>You have a great chance but make sure your essays and teacher recs are good too.</p>

<p>I was just accepted EA, and let me tell you, I don’t have the raw stats that you do. By your listed profile, scores, and ECs alone, you would definitely be competitive, I think. </p>

<p>However, UChicago is notorious for putting major emphasis on the essays, which can either make or break you. I found it very refreshing, and I enjoyed the challenge of responding to an unorthodox essay prompt. If you are a very creative writer and you demonstrate this in your essays (also helps to visit campus and display an obvious love for the school in the essays) , then I think you have a great shot at admission. I made sure to communicate my sincere love of learning for the sake of learning, which I assume went over well with UChicago, as it is a liberal arts school.</p>

<p>I should think your GPA, scores, ECs and volunteer work would give you a great shot at any school, RD or EA.</p>

<p>Look at the EA Results thread, though, as there are some with 35 ACTs and 1590 SATs who were deferred, which shows how much emphasis UChicago must place on the essays.</p>