What pieces of furnitures are found in a typical CP dorm?

<p>I’ll be moving in this coming spring and am starting to put together a dorm shopping list. Several things came to mind such as a bookcase and a shoe rack.</p>

<p>I did visit the campus and toured a showcase-esque dorm filled and decorated with stuff from the school store. So far, I know that there’ll definitely be a bed and a desk. Will there be a chair? If so, would you recommend bringing an office chair instead for comfort? </p>

<p>Please tell me what pieces of furnitures will be found in a typical dorm room(assignment uncertain yet). </p>

<p>Also, for those who have purchased a dining plan, do you use the kitchen often to cook? Should I bring sets of utensils, plates, and bowls? And cereals, lots of cereals?</p>

<p>You’ll have a bed, chest of drawers, desk, and chair. I’d recommend bringing things that have as small of a “footprint” as possible…floor space is at a premium. I think most people use the kitchens to bake, etc., but I know that my daughter’s dorm floor had a huge Thanksgiving dinner that they made in the kitchen. (I suspect local people just borrowed stuff from home for the event).</p>

<p>You’ll have less space than you expect. If you loft your bed (over your desk), you’ll have more floor space, or if you put your bed on risers, you’ll have storage area underneath. Regarding the office chair, it depends on whether you’ll actually be working at your desk. A lot of people end up working on their beds, or in the lounge, either on a couch or at one of the tables there, if they study in the dorm.</p>

<p>Some residence halls do not have kitchens. My son’s hall just has a microwave (in a lounge-type area).</p>

<p>I also recommend lofting or bunking your beds,</p>

<p>Some schools allow you to remove furniture from your room, if this is the case it would not be a bad idea to bring a comfy desk chair instead of the uncomfortable wodden one. You will be spending a lot of time in it, since you probably do not have enough room for other furniture. When friends come over they will probably be sitting on your bed so its a good idea that you have a duvee cover(something that is easy to wash when your best friend spills on it when hanging out) always happens!! extra pillows for the bed are nice as backrests but dont go to crazy because they will end up on the floor when you sleep and just get dirty fast. best of luck i have been searching for cool new dorm furniture and will let you know if i find anything worth mentioning.
Andy</p>

<p>Lofting is a great suggestion. It costs money, but at least you have room. Reality for Centreville…if you both roll out of the bed towards each other your feet will be close to touching…Roll out the other way and extend your arm, you are either hitting a wall or a closet.</p>