What schools are good for me?

<p>Hey everyone, I was wondering what colleges I should visit this Spring. I am willing to go anywhere in the eastern United States.
GPA: 4.0 Unweighted
ACT:35
SAT: Not going to take
AP's: Taken Bio, Calc BC, Stats, Chem, Physics, Comp Gov, Human Geo, Psych, Micro/Macro, World
Awards:4.0 GPA, National HOSA qualifier (2nd place out of 50), state DECA qualifier. Doesnt mean much but was always on the Honor roll.
EC's:Tennis 4 years (varsity 1, captain 1), HOSA 3 (President next year),DECA 1, MODEL UN 3, Culture Club 2 (Vice President) (Raised A LOT of money), Microfinance committee 2 (VP). </p>

<p>Random EC's: Volunteering at the local YMCA chapter, Red Cross, and Hospital (250 hours)
School: Above Average High School
School: MI
Ethnicity: South Asian
Income: 600,000+
Strengths: GPA, ACT
Weaknesses: EC's, leadership.</p>

<p>I appreciate any insight on my current situation. I was hoping to look at U of M (safety school for me because I am in-state), Duke, UVA, Wayne State Medstart, upenn, ect</p>

<p>Also was in NHS, and I'm interested in Medicine so any could MedStart Programs would be nice too. Thanks for your help everyone :D</p>

<p>Nice family income there which means that you won't be qualifying for need-based aid. If you haven't already done so, sit your parents down and have The Big Money Talk with them. You need to know how much they are willing and able to pay for your education. If they are good for up to $60k each year for four years, have at it. Visit wherever you feel like. If you find that your budget is lower, your stats put you in the range for significant merit-based aid, so you should spend a bit of time reading up on that topic in the Financial Aid Forum.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Nice family income there which means that you won't be qualifying for need-based aid. If you haven't already done so, sit your parents down and have The Big Money Talk with them. You need to know how much they are willing and able to pay for your education. If they are good for up to $60k each year for four years, have at it. Visit wherever you feel like. If you find that your budget is lower, your stats put you in the range for significant merit-based aid, so you should spend a bit of time reading up on that topic in the Financial Aid Forum.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>9 out of every 10 posts I see from you are about the "Big Money Talk". While money is certainly an important issue for every family I don't think everyone needs to have a tallk specifically about money with their parents. Let's be real, OP's parents make 600 grand a year, chances are his/her parents will be able to contribute quite a bit. While I'm all for openness between kids and their parents, having a "Big Money Talk" isn't necessary for every family. </p>

<p>As for OP, you are pretty much good to go wherever you'd like. I'm not saying you will get in everywhere you apply, but you have a chance at even some of the most selective colleges. If you want to look at Harvard, go for it. In your situation you should look at colleges that fit your interests/preferences. What do you want to study? What locations do you prefer? Do you want an urban, suburban or rural campus?</p>

<p>dfrfe124,</p>

<p>When kids whose parents are making $600k each year stop writing posts in April with titles like "I didn't get in anywhere I can afford, what do I do now?" I will stop telling them to ask their parents about the money.</p>

<p>Too many parents who the rest of us would believe must certainly be ready, willing, and able to pay full-freight anywhere turn out to be unready, and/or unwilling, and/or unable to pay one red cent. Yes, the Money Talk is absolutely necessary. For everyone. Perhaps the news the OP gets from his/her family will be good. Perhaps it won't be. But the OP needs that news now so he/she can plan accordingly.</p>

<p>Thanks for your insight happy mom, my parents and I have already had this talk. They will fully contribute to my tuition and living expenses as long as I make good grades. They have also done a program with my state and have paid for 4 years of college (instate cost) already. So basically, if I go instate, my college tuition for undergraduate studies is taken care of. If I go out of state, the money that my parents put in the state program will just transfer to whichever school I go to tuition and if there is a price difference I will pay it. On another note, I have no preference for setting (just no small towns). I plan on eventually pursuing medicine or pharmacy. Really dfree? From other posts in CC I felt like my stats couldn't get me in anywhere! Thanks for the confidence, I am really liking Duke and UVA, so I think i might check those schools out. Other schools on my mind are: U of M (Ann Arbor), Penn, Yale (Dream school lol) and Cornell.</p>