I’m a high school junior and recently toured UGA. I fell in love with it, it’s my top choice. I like how it’s a big school and sports are really big too. I also like how only 25% of the school is involved in Greek life, which I’m not sure if I want to join. I also really liked how when we were there we saw a lot of kids walking and studying by themselves and they didn’t feel like they needed to be in a group. I feel like I need some backup schools just in case so I was thinking of the University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, but my cousin who went there said that Greek life was huge and how if you aren’t in one you’re kinda an out cast. I was also looking at LSU, but I don’t know. Do you know any schools like UGA? Preferably in the South. Thanks! Also my intended major is Genetics which Georgia has but Alabama and Louisiana don’t but they have my second intended major, microbiology,that I would also like the study.
University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee… similar feel to UGA, but you’ll have to check the major which you can do on their website.