Wait let me find the list I made
Ithaca is a good one but it is costly. Will your mother pay for it? Starting at a CC is also an option.
I looked at a bunch of the schools you guys shared and looked at things people had to say (I know everyone’s experience is diff) and at some programs and the areas around and stuff. I think I def need one or two more safeties though
Smith College
Howard University
George Washington University
Spelman College
University of Washington
Brooklyn College
UConn
University of Vermont
City College
Agnes Scott College
Ithaca College
Loyola Maryland
No idea. I’d assume they’d give some merit money.
Maybe…but if they do will it be enough? I would also add a SUNY and a NJ public.
What if I tried to get recruited: I didn’t go through with it freshman year. My 5k PR is a 21:38 but I norm run around 23. I know it’s not D1 but I push maybe I could get D2
I don’t even know where.
I’ll look at Binghamton and Montclair
Suny Binghamton and Geneseo may work - they’re, respectively, the flagship “topnotch in everything” SUNY and the smaller/honors SUNY that looks like a private college (kind of Rutgers without the city& split campus and TCNJ if it were located in a walkable college town).
Check those 2 links out:
https://www.suny.edu/campuses/geneseo/
https://www.suny.edu/campuses/binghamton/
SUNY Albany is known for Business&Social Science, Stony Brook for Science, Buffalo for Engineering.
Can you run the NPC on a few colleges that your mother doesn’t approve of?
D2 recruiting means only partial scholarships.
D3 means need-based aid and/or academic scholarships.
You can post the question in the Athletes forum, specialists will tell you if your times are competitove and where. If you haven’t competed Junior year though it’s going to be difficult - can you start this spring and condition/train every day before then?
But starting at CC probably means living at home and commuting, which I don’t think she wants to do.
It’s not about scholarships but moreso if it’ll help admissions. I’ll look at these schools. My moms tired but I’ll bring up the schools later. Ik she’s not a fan of suny but I’ll tell her it’ll be just one
I probs would have to find alternative living at that point
Wait till she’s not tired but relaxed and happy. ![]()
I agree with you, but the idea came from the OP…and I was surprised.
I don’t think she plans to keep me either way. I deliberated doing CC and staying with a friend or something until I could find smth stable and transferring when I get enough funds. But I don’t know I gave up on that lol.
Marquette is starting a 6 year BS to OTD program next year and they give a lot of merit!
Oh really? I found out my CC is too. I’ll do more research on both. I saw it’s Jesuit though. Is it homophobic/do they impose relgion there
Im going to push to be recruited. I talked to my cross country friends who are at college now and I just need to shave down some of my times in order to start being competive. I don’t know how much that helps but I’m going to at least try
Talk to your coach…not your friends. I thought you stopped running?
What about University of Maine? Perhaps you would qualify for the tuition match program there.
I stoped cross country becuase a coach was toxic but I’m still doing track: I only did for this year but I regret it. ESP becuase people were asking me why I would do that. I’ll go back to it
The head coach thinks I’m good I guess. I use to be like 4? And was on varsity since freshman year
I’ll look into Maine