What should I do about a 600 in a subject I loathe but NEED to be good in?

<p>I got a 600 on the physics SAT 2. I went in cold because I had been studying for my AP Mocks and I also dedicated all my time to ensuring an 800 on Math 2C. Also, my physics class had not even BEGUN covering electricity and magnetism when I took the SAT 2.</p>

<p>I want to apply to Cornell and major in architecture so I NEED to be pretty good with physics.</p>

<p>I don’t think my AP Physics exam will be a 5, so I don’t have anyting to “justify” myself.</p>

<p>What should I do? Retake it or just… let it taint my record?</p>

<p>If you are dedicated to becoming an architect, you definitely need to be competent with physics. I would recommend studying for the test and taking it again, and aiming for at least a 700.</p>

<p>You got a 600 without studying half the stuff that is covered, which is already excellent. With prepping on electricity and magnetism, you’d have the other 200 points covered. Even if you loathe physics, you have to get it over with ;-)</p>