What to do before Law School to be more marketable

<p>So I will graduate in 3 years with a degree in econ/poli sci and a minor in business. As it stands I am not ready to law school straight out. So for the year or two in the middle I wanted to do something that would make me more marketable for law firms in the future and more appealing to law schools. </p>

<p>I was considering TFA, staying on for my fourth year to add a third major (international business), go work at some entry level position at a corporation, do an MBA. Not really sure what I want to do, just want to use the extra year or two in the middle to make myself more marketable, so I am open to any suggestions. Also I potentially want to go into corporate or international law. </p>

<p>Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure it won't take a year to search this forum for this exact thread, so that's an option.</p>

<p>Unless you're gonna be a Rhodes scholar before law school, law schools really don't care. They care about your GPA and LSAT score -- so concentrate on those two things. Northwestern is the only law school that really gives a s h i t about work experience, fwiw.</p>

<p>yea that's a little true, but if you do do something in between, your chances of admission to a school five ranks higher are very possible. </p>

<p>I think I'm set for the peace corps</p>

<p>"I potentially want to go into corporate or international law".</p>

<p>Take a job overseas in one of the emerging supper economies... With a US corp if you can, or just go teach English if you must.</p>

<p>Thanks for the insight into the year off, but lately I have been leaning a lot towards going to get a MBA. So just wondering if that is useful in the future if I plan on actually practicing law.</p>

<p>A graduate degree from an Ivy League, a Fulbright research grant, Teach for America, a Truman Scholarship are things that would look very very good on a law school application. GPA & LSAT aren't everything...at least not when it comes to law schools like Yale & Stanford whose applicants already have good grades and amazing LSAT scores.</p>