What Universities to Consider?

<p>I have a 3.3 UW/3.6W gpa in all honors and AP classes. I attend a top 50 national high school. My SAT scores are 1810 combined, 630math, 540 critical reading. I am an athlete and participate in alot of school clubs as well as in the community. I want to attend a college/university in the Northeast, size doesnt matter. I want to go to the best possible school that I can get into to. Which schools should I consider applying to.</p>

<p>Join the Navy. Pull a six year tour of duty. Then apply to college. You'll have a much better shot of getting into a decent, even a good, school -- and you'll have money in your pocket, too. It's a no-brainer</p>

<p>Do you need FA? What can your family afford?</p>

<p>That's a very extreme suggestion, tortoise.</p>

<p>Is it? Why?</p>

<p>Because
1. not everyone has the time to spend six years in the Navy before attending college
2. it's not worth doing so just for an advantage in college admissions
3. the OP never said that financial aid was a major concern, which is a factor for many who decide to join ROTC/the military
4. the OP never mentioned their career goals</p>

<p>Clark U., U of Maine, U of Vermont, F0rdham, Manhattan,</p>

<p>Loyola (MD), Providence, Drew, Marist, Quinnipiac, Hobart William Smith, Fairfield, Syracuse and St. Josephs.</p>

<p>College of the Atlantic.</p>

<p>These colleges offer no "edge" insofar as post-graduate networking or employment is concerned. It is questionable whether your $200,000 + investment in the degree (as measured in outlays, NOT opportunity cost, which could easily double the price tag) will be recouped through added earning capabilities in any reasonable time frame.</p>

<p>Maybe the op has that kind of money (and time) to burn, schrizto. As for the rest of us, well ... as I said, it's a no brainer.</p>

<p>Knowing what is affordable is essential here. As you will not qualify for most schools that meet need, your options will be very tied into what your family can pay.</p>