What will the Nov. 2011 curve look like?

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>Not sure how the SAT curve works - it seems very confusing and flexible compared to the ACT which I've mostly focused on until now. </p>

<p>If people aren't sure how it'll work, could anyone suggest ballpark figures for how I did?</p>

<p>I think I got 2 wrong on Math and 1 wrong on Writing, possibly a 12 on the essay, and no omissions. Would a 2300 be realistic?</p>

<p>800 740-750 and I don't know your CR score.</p>

<p>You can estimate, but you won't know for sure until scores are released.</p>

<p>Of course and thanks Jeffery. I'm fairly sure I got all the CR right or close to. In any case I got a 790 in the CR the other time I took the SAT, but I had 690s in Math and Writing. This time, thanks to studying, I hope that I cracked the 2300 mark. Math is a brutal brutal curve.</p>

<p>You'll probably break the 2300 mark. Can I ask you what you put for the writing question with the young write..... then only 24 years old.. something like that?</p>

<p>I thought math was a lot more strict. 2 wrong and an 800?</p>

<p>For writing I believe that is an 800 if you receive a 12 on the essay. That is because people can get a 10 on the essay and get a full score on the MC and still land an 800.</p>

<p>I meant 800 on Writing and 740-750 on Math. Sorry about the confusion.</p>

<p>Hey Jeff, I think it was 'No Error.'</p>

<p>Hey guys, i found a pretty impressive-looking graph of SAT curves and how they vary (which they do a lot!):</p>

<p><a href="http://www.erikthered.com/tutor/SAT-Released-Test-Curves.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.erikthered.com/tutor/SAT-Released-Test-Curves.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Where do you think this November SAT fits in context of all the others? </p>

<p>According to my guesses (the Math was one of the easier two or three, Critical Reading was Medium-Difficult, and the Writing was a Medium), I got a 740-750 in Math, 800 in CR, and 78 in Writing. What does a 78 in Writing mean?</p>

<p>Carbon, the 78 in writing is corresponded to your essay and those two together give your actual writing score.</p>

<p>@Cheerios, how do they calculate that? For example, a 78 with a 12 essay is an 800 or a 780 but a 78 with a 10 essay would be a 770 or something?</p>

<p>Carbon, for the writing scaled score it changes every year so there really isn't a way to predict it. The link that I posted didn't have the essay correlations for the final score. Generally, the curve is fairly lenient so for example (I'm looking at a past curve from the blue book) you could have a 9 essay and get an 800 if multiple choice was perfect. On the other hand, a 12 essay would give you an 800 as long as your raw score was at least 47. I also know that someone got 78 on MC and a 10, and ended up with an 800 so it varies quite a bit. If you got 1 wrong on MC and a 12 on the essay, you stand a pretty good chance of an 800.</p>

<p>And for math, 2 wrong could get you 750 like me, though the curve that time was pretty harsh so you'd probably get better than that.</p>

<p>As long as you didn't bomb CR (which has the nicest curve) you'll probably break 2300.</p>