What would you do if you were in my shoes? Trying to get into UCI...

<p>Hey fellow Collentials,</p>

<p>I recently moved down to California to help out my mother who was in a car accident.</p>

<p>Before moving down, I earned my AA in Business Administration at a WA state CC (3.7 GPA, Honors).</p>

<p>Now that I am a non-resident of CA for the next year I am not sure how to go about getting into a good school like UCI. In person, I spoke to an admissions counselor at UCI that basically said my chances of getting in are nil right now because of their priority/close ties with CA community colleges (last year they only took 7 non-res students!).</p>

<p>Should I go back to a local CC here in CA for the next year and a half (and kick ass on my grades+extras curriculars) so that I can have a better shot of transferring into UCI or UC Berkley?</p>

<p>What would you recommend if you were in my shoes?</p>

<p>Welcome to California’s stupid problem. You’ll definitely want to consider a community college. Sorry man! :(</p>

<p>Thanks wwlink. All the feedback I can get is helpful…</p>