what would you do if your tier 4 stats child fell in love with a tier 1 school?

<p>uhhh guys check what is written under the OP’s name and his previous posts. This is a joke.</p>

<p>CRY??? ClassicRockerDad I always thought it was “TRY”</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>LOL, It was. We changed it for our 4 year old!</p>

<p>I think I would allow him to apply to the school of their dreams, along with matches and safeties.</p>

<p>As a kid in high school, I was given a lot of setbacks. My high school was well ranked in a state that ranks in the 40s when it comes to education. It was a public high school and it rarely sent kids to the Ivies, every 10 years we would have one student who would get into an Ivy. </p>

<p>The courses at my high school were difficult and the kids had to go to auditions to be in the school. </p>

<p>I was lucky to get a 3.2 during the time I was mailing out applications and my SAT score was in the 1900s. I had a lot of other things going against me during my high school years that it was a miracle I graduated. </p>

<p>Right now I am at a tier 4 school because of the money that was given to me and I have already been accepted into a lot of the tier 1 schools as a transfer. Surprised they notified me this early.</p>

<p>I have also heard and talked to admissions counselors from schools I did not think I would get into. A person at Georgetown even told me after looking at my college transcript (3.9 gpa!) that he would love to have me there and that they will do all they can to make sure I am a student there. </p>

<p>Now I haven’t been accepted so no saying where the final word will end up but I know that high school does not tell a whole story. I went to a high school in an area most kids would not survive in. </p>

<p>I would tell my kid to apply anyways, usually he would back out and be scared but if he doesn’t then I will tell him to write the essays and apply. If he doesn’t get in, it might serve as a motivating factor.</p>

<p>I am not going to discourage him, if he gets in I will pay for the tuition. The kids at the top schools got in because majority had opportunities handed to them (example, a friend of mines who was able to get into Harvard because his high school was famous for sending kids to the top schools, he had great teachers and a great environment).</p>

<p>The assurances that this is a satire makes me feel better, if only because the attitude of “I have a tier FOUR child waaaahhhhh!” can sometimes show up here, and it makes me sad, every time.</p>

<p>Buy the kid a t-shirt from the Tier 1 school, then get serious about looking for those schools that are within range. $50-$75 for the application is steep for a lark.</p>

<p>wow</p>

<p>happy I didn’t have you guys as parents</p>

<p>My answer is the same as it was for the Tier 4 love/Tier 1 stats thread…</p>