What Your Dream School?

<p>What's Your Dream School and Why?
For me Harvard</p>

<p>My dream schools are Brown University, Rice University, and University of Southern California. I like being in the city and urban environments. </p>

<p>I like Brown's open curriculum. They offer the majors that I'm interested in. They have a diverse student body. It's close enough to drive to New York or Boston. Also, Providence is a great city. The student population isn't huge. It seems more relaxed,but still interesting.</p>

<p>I like Rice University because of its proximity to the Galleria (yeah I know that shouldn't be a factor), their residential system, and the student population size. They also offer majors that I'm interested in. Even though they have the distribution requirement, atleast their program is very flexible. Houston's weather is warmer than up north. Also, the cost is managable.</p>

<p>I like University of Southern California because it's in L.A. They offer majors I'm interested in. They have the Thematic Option Program (which is very challenging and not restrictive), that can substitute their general requirements, is very challenging and . The weather is good. Their student population isn't super huge. The student body is racially diverse. For some people that wouldn't be important to them,but it is to me...based on experiences.</p>

<p>All of my dream schools have dance. They either have it as a major/minor, or as different types of dance as student organizations, that are competitive.</p>

<p>My parents are into the whole prestige thing, so they aren't very happy about my dream schools and my list of colleges that I want to apply to.</p>

<p>"My parents are into the whole prestige thing, so they aren't very happy about my dream schools and my list of colleges that I want to apply to."
WTF...Brown (an ivy league!), Rice, and USC are all very prestigious!</p>

<p>Anyways, MY dream school is UCSD. Why? I've visited it several times and fell in love with the cool relaxed environment, friendly people, and beautiful area with close proximity to the beach!</p>

<p>Yeah, I know that Brown,Rice, and USC are very prestigious, but my parents think that any school which is not HYPSMC is not prestigious....</p>

<p>I went to mine: UVa. </p>

<p>I'm a total history buff, so I loved UVa's special and storied past. I wanted a school w/ great student-teacher interaction, an amazing social scene, excellent academic departments, and good sports teams. UVa had all those things. Plus, I loved the fact that when you matriculate, you're not just attending a school for 4 years, instead you become immersed into a unique environment and a close-knit student/alumni community. I have a friend in D.C. who's always irritated when he meets a group of UVa people. He said to me once, "I've never met a group of people so in love with their school as UVa alums are. It doesn't matter when you graduated, you always end up waxing poetic about UVa." It's true. In general, UVa alums are madly in love with the University. I fell for the place the first day I visited. It was the only school I applied to.</p>

<p>Globalist: "It was the only school I applied to." WOW, you must have been a really stellar student to be that confident, but congrats</p>

<p>Thanks. I applied Early Decision.</p>

<p>My dream school is Princeton. I'll be applying ED. I can explain why if you want.</p>

<p>columbia/cornell for me.</p>

<p>id be very happy with Umich/berkely too</p>

<p>MIT</p>

<ul>
<li>amazing school</li>
<li>great undergrad research opportunities</li>
<li>student body </li>
<li>campus atmosphere and everything</li>
<li>across the river from boston</li>
<li>not too big, not too small</li>
<li>just all around perfect. :)</li>
</ul>

<p>Yale,
because I think everything about it is perfect.
and Brown is a very very close second</p>

<p>mit mit :)</p>

<p>and/or columbia </p>

<p>but MIT is EA</p>

<p>Never really had a dream school, but I'd most want to go to Duke, Georgetown, Dartmouth, and Brown</p>

<p>MIT, for all the reasons techiedork already gave, and the fact that it's cooperative, rather than a competitive school (once you get in, that is).</p>

<p>US Naval Academy</p>

<p>Also Art Institute of Illinois in Chicago and Julliard (which is weird because I can't sing or play any instruments:/ ) but if I did it'd be cool to go there.</p>

<p>I have 2</p>

<p>1.UNC-CH
-fantastic journalism program
-apply to university, not certain programs
-one of the best publics
-care about minorities (like me)
-very good business program
-lots of school spirit
-great location</p>

<p>2.Columbia University
-good film major
-fantastic political science major
-located in the greatest city
-traditional campus compared with NYU
-graduate journalism program
-intellectual environment
-willing to overlook lower gpa for passion</p>

<p>stanford (SCEA) but I would be perfectly happy with Yale too</p>

<p>I am in total agreement with globalist on every single thing he has to say..UVA has been my dream school since childhood..</p>

<p>thesiren- those three schools are definitely prestigious, so I hope that you are able to attend one of them (USC! USC! :) ) and that your parents come to realize that whatever school you choose is amazing.</p>

<p>harvard
- SUPER classics major & faculty (kathleen coleman!)
- love the school colors, love the campus
- people who care a lot about what they do go there
- I live close...forbidden fruit of academia, underneath my nose, and I love MA
- harvard square
- steeped in classical tradition of course
- I'm taking a course at the extension school and it's amazing</p>