What's better a B, or a W and then an A?

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>I currently have a 3.9 GPA (3 As & 1 A-). This semester I am enrolled in five class: college math, english 102, art history, philosophy of india, and microeconomics. I am carrying solid As in all but microeconomics. Right now I have a B in microeconomics. My microeconomics is an online class and there are some things that have just been really problematic.</p>

<p>If I stay in the class and end up with a B in the end my GPA will drop to 3.84 and the based on my calculations the best I can hope for if I get straight As from here on out is a 3.92. If I drop the microeconomics class my GPA will go up to 3.94, but I will have a W on my transcript.</p>

<p>I feel fairly confident that if I can get a B in an online class, I should be able to get an A in a regular class. I just can't decide what looks worse, a B or a W followed by an A.</p>

<p>Any advice on this one?</p>

<p>I'm planning to transfer into a public policy program of some sort. Specifically, I am interested in Cornell's Policy Analysis and Management program or Occidental's Diplomacy and World Affairs program. Either way, microeconomics is required for my intended major.</p>