What's in Your Application?

<p>Well, obviously, all our applications are done, so let's see what's in each of them when the adcom opens up our files:</p>

<ol>
<li>Part I</li>
<li><p>Part II
2a. Extracurricular Essay on ROTC
2b. Essay 1 on A Day in My Life
2c. Essay 2 on My Dedication to Korea</p></li>
<li><p>Secondary School Report</p></li>
<li><p>Teacher Recommendation from English Teacher</p></li>
<li><p>Teacher Recommendation from Social Sciences Chairperson</p></li>
<li><p>Supplementary Recommendation from ROTC Instructor</p></li>
<li><p>Mid-year Report</p></li>
<li><p>Resume</p></li>
<li><p>Cover Letter</p></li>
<li><p>School Profile</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I think that about covers it.</p>

<p><em>sigh</em> i feel so disorganized all of a sudden</p>

<p>Disorganized? That was just a stream of thoughts coming off the top of my head. Trust me, the actual application was not as organized.</p>

<p>Tlaktan, you realize that they will read the first rec on the pile, and after that is just thrown away, right? How can you have sent midyear report? Your cover letter as well is just more food for the garbage, if they dont ask for it, THEY WONT READ IT MAN! Picture reading 100+ apps a day, you think you'd read every 4th rec from every overzealous nugget who thought more=better? Sorry... venting...</p>

<ol>
<li> Part 1</li>
<li> Part 2</li>
<li> Extra-Curricular Essay on Band</li>
<li> Essay one on a Summer program I participated in</li>
<li> Essay 2 on Politics...</li>
<li> Letter from Band Teacher</li>
<li> Letter from NSLC (Nat'l Student Leadership Conf.)</li>
</ol>

<p>SSR and Teacher's Report were sent in separately</p>

<p>everyone keeps mentioning their cover letter?? what did you write in it? i just included my resume...trying not to inundate them with paper:)</p>

<p>brenner i think people have a right to put what they want in the application. i mean to tell u the truth, georgetown doesn't give a lot of room on the paper apps to give as full a picture as possible of yourself. </p>

<p>i'm putting a resume too and four recs. if they don't read it oh well...but nowhere did it say that you can't put more stuff. Stanford is one of the only schools that says don't put any supplemental materials or whatever. </p>

<p>not that i should speak for tlkatan or anything, but: he's not dedicated to NORTH KOREA, he's dedicated to solving the CONFLICT there and is quite knowledgable on it i must say. He's a freakin BUSH supporter hello???!!! </p>

<p>please think before you speak..i know that this is an online message board, but that doesn't mean you should stop being classy or polite. it msut be miserable to only assume the worst all the time.</p>

<p>besdies i asked him and he goes to a year round school! so that's why he has a mid year report. </p>

<p>LoL anyways: all the apps are out of our hands now and there's no reason to fuss over someone else's ... </p>

<p>sheesh!</p>

<p>To note:</p>

<p>
[quote]
Tlaktan, you realize that they will read the first rec on the pile, and after that is just thrown away, right? How can you have sent midyear report?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>My mid-year report was sent this week because our semester ends in October, starts in July. We resume school in January (beginning), go until April, and then come back one day in June to graduate.</p>

<p>
[quote]
Your cover letter as well is just more food for the garbage, if they dont ask for it, THEY WONT READ IT MAN! Picture reading 100+ apps a day, you think you'd read every 4th rec from every overzealous nugget who thought more=better? Sorry... venting...

[/quote]
</p>

<p>If two paragraphs is food for the garbage, fine. It can't hurt anyway. Besides, I think after reading 100 of the same types of apps, some form of deviation wouldn't hurt.</p>

<p>sonara i didn't write a cover letter because it never even crossed my mind LoL...but yeah maybe that is better now--- i'm worried that i've already inundated them with paper! hehe hopefully they'll be okay with what i have.</p>

<p>what the heck goes into a cover letter? I definitely didn't have one.</p>

<p>I sent a supplement of my writing and a resume, though</p>

<ol>
<li>Part I</li>
<li>Part II
2a. Extracurricular Essay on Mock Trial
2b. Essay 1 on My Messy Room
2c. Essay 2 on My interests in Medicine and Spanish</li>
<li>Secondary School Report</li>
<li>Teacher Recommendation from Spanish Teacher/Mock Trial Coach</li>
<li>Teacher Recommendation from Physics Teacher/Research Project Advisor</li>
<li>Resume/Activities Sheet</li>
<li>School Profile</li>
</ol>

<p>And I definitely didn't send a cover letter.</p>

<p>Not to bash anyone or anything, but I asked an Admissions Officer at both Georgetown and Notre Dame about extra teacher recs. They basically said that they don't need 10 letters saying that you're a fantastic, perfect child who deserves more than anyone to get in. They will believe the one required rec. But hey, I don't think it'll HURT sending in more than one (at least, as long as they didn't say not to).</p>

<p>I had to send in 2 recs cuz it said to send one in from a language teacher for a language major, and it also said to send one in from a science teacher if you are pre-med. I am both, so I needed 2.</p>