what's the best way to get to and from New Haven Train Station to Yale's Campus?

<p>What’s the best way to get to and from New Haven Train Station to Yale’s Campus. How much money does taxi charges for one way if there is no bus service available? How much time is required to travel one way? Thanks</p>

<p>Looking for transportation between NH Train station and Yale campus (74 High Street, New Haven, CT). </p>

<p>Do they call New Haven Train Station as the Union Station?</p>

<p>Yes, it’s called Union Station. The campus is pretty close and there are always taxis waiting, so I would yhink that would be the way to go.</p>

<p>Did you post this in the Yale forum? If so, try not to double post.</p>

<p>Take a cab if you have a bag, if it’s dark, if you’re a female. It’s not far but the station is tucked in near the ramps to 95 on the other side of the downtown New Haven highway.</p>

<p>Cab is the way to go. It’s not far and it won’t cost much and it’s probably about ten minutes, although you should allow more if you are catching a train.</p>

<p>Lergnom:</p>

<p>Yes I did post it on the yale form. As the trip has come suddenly and she is busy with classes. My daughter is coming to Yale and will stay with her friends. She is going to Greenwhich, CT. She is meeting someone there and then on her way to NY City as she is meeting someone there too and Going back to Boston. Since I am paying for the trip, I would like to minimze the expanses and trim the budget wherever I can. </p>

<p>I am also looking for saftey point of view. I do not want her to worry about expanses as her safety is paramount. In that case budget issues are secondary. She has been to Yale and stayed there, but that time I drove her there. She is pretty familiar with the Yale campus.</p>