What's the big deal in applying to a GOOD UNDERGRAD when the GRAD SCHOOL's that count

<p>Q1: Why is it important to go to a good undergrad?
Q2: Then why do the teachers say it's the graduate school that counts, but my parents want me to go to a good undergrad school?
Q3: Will going to a average undergrad school affect where you can apply for graduate school?</p>

<p>PLEASE HELP! I AM REALLY DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>Q1: A lot of reasons, mainly depending on the individual. To lots of people it doesn't matter much if you're planning to go to grad school, but even if you are there are huge numbers of real important reasons that differ heavily by individual.
Q2: Based on your individual circumstances.
Q3: Not really, unless you go to some really crappy unaccredited school.</p>

<p>That's actually what i thought too. </p>

<p>I feel like going to HYPMSC for undergrad is just a waste of money because it's only UNDERGRAD. If it was GRAD, then you deserve kudos.</p>

<p>Q1: Why is it important to go to a good undergrad?:
a) Maybe you're not planning to attend a grad school.
b) Good undergrad might prep you better for grad school.</p>

<p>Q2: Then why do the teachers say it's the graduate school that counts, but my parents want me to go to a good undergrad school?
a) good undergrad can't hurt. I mean, it's better than bad undergrad :P
b) I think undergrad is just as important as grad because it's going to be the base upon which you'll build on more knowledge.</p>

<p>Q3: Will going to a average undergrad school affect where you can apply for graduate school?
a) As long as you keep your marks high, I don't think so.</p>