79-75% (B+)
74-70% (B)
69-65% (B-)
64-60% (C+)
59-55% (C)
54-50% (D)
49-0 % (F)</p>

<p>I got a CGPA of 3.66~3.75 at McGill (Freshmen & Sophomore)</p>

<p>Would I still be keep up my grades when I start taking UPenn (College of Arts & Sciences) courses?</p>

<p>There is no unified grading scale at Penn. Some courses have a grade scale, others have curves, still others are subjective (papers and participation make up the grade).</p>

<p>The grading is really dependent on what you're studying. Quantative courses at Penn (math, physices, chem, etc.) are usually graded on curves with regular problem sets in addition to midterms and finals. Humanities lectures are not usually graded on a curve and are dependent on midterms, finals, papers, and recitation participation. More advanced humanities classes, such as upper level history courses, can often be entirely graded on one gigantic research paper due at the end of the semester, or two large papers and class participation. It's quite variable.</p>

<p>I have never studied at McGill, so I have no exact idea. I'm sure you'll continue to do well, however.</p>

<p>The scale you list is out of line with many if not most American universities. I teach at a state college, and the cutoffs are on the tens: A is 90 - 100, B is 80 - 90, C is 70 - 80, D is 60 - 70, and F is 60 or below. Since McGill has a good reputation, I'm not sure if it is really an issue though.</p>

<p>Most courses at Penn are scaled in some way. Qualitative courses such as humanities are scaled up to the professors' liking, quantitative courses can be tough. When I took chemistry at Penn, they were scaling all the same level courses together, and we actually LOST points (though it was probably because our teacher was EXCELLENT as compared to the other teachers).</p>

<p>Professors at any college are essentially private contractors who can grade as they want to, depending on how much the department reins them in. Meet with your professors, do your homework and study, and you'll do fine.</p>