When do we start signing up for classes?

<p>I clicked on a link that was posted and shows the classes and how many are already enrolled. Many of the classes already have people enrolled for the Fall semester. So when do new freshman start signing up for classes??</p>

<p>Freshmen start signing up for their first 10.5 units (Phase I) during their respective CalSO dates. The people who have signed up on the schedule are seniors, juniors, and sophomores who have had their Phase I dates already. I just had mine a couple days ago.</p>

<p>groovygrrlxoxo: The fresh/soph seminars are filling up quickly; the larger, lower division course still have plenty of room. If you're L&S and look at the reqs you have to fulfill, those classes are still open.</p>

<p>pookdogg: When does Phase I end for those current students?</p>

<p>Not completely sure, but none of my friends have any Phase I appointments after April 29.</p>

<p>Is it true that students often have to camp out overnight in order to get into classes that they need?</p>

<p>What is the system used for signing up for classes? Is it an online enrollment system or what?</p>

<p>Online enrollment through a little program called Tele-Bears. You'll either want to marry it or put an axe through it.</p>

<p>Here's the skinny of how it'll work: you'll get two appointments for 24-hour spans (the first of which will be during your CalSO, for freshmen!), and you can't sign onto Telebears until the beginning of those 24 hours. It will put you on a waitlist if your class is filled up, and it's fairly intuitive. </p>

<p>An early Telebears date is like getting first dibs on the Thanksgiving turkey. The appointments go by class (so seniors get the earliest dates, etc.), and they try to make sure people get at least some of the classes they need by only allowing 10.5 units during the first Telebears appointment (Phase I).</p>

<p>Just FYI, I've had no problems with the scheduling system. I've switched classes soo many times this semester and I still got into everything I needed.</p>

<p>We wont know our AP scores by then... How will we know what classes we will take if we don't know what classes we can skip out of?</p>

<p>They'll go over the AP score conundrum in detail during CalSO...if I remember correctly, you just have to wing it.</p>

<p>What AP tests fill at Berkeley (if you're an L&S student) can be found in Earning Your Degree.</p>