When I send in my SAT II scores, will colleges be able to see all of my scores?

<p>I'm taking the Math II subject test tomorrow, but I'm probably going to score 100+ points below the score that I want. This is because I’m only in Alg II/Trig Acc. and we just started learning trig yesterday and haven't covered a lot of the material on the Math II test. I’m going to take the test again next Oct or Nov to try to get a much better score. So when I send in my SAT subject test scores, will colleges be able to see my lower score or can I pick and choose which subject scores I send in?</p>

<p>soc2015 - tonight go over to the sparknotes website and then to test prep. (you might have to sign up, but it is free) Go to the SAT II stuff for the test you are taking and then, I think it is under "books" you should be able to find some one page overviews/lessons on areas where you think you are weak. Good luck tomorrow.</p>

<p>You can pick and choose which subject tests you wish to send. That is, as long as the school you're applying to honors Score Choice. Good luck!</p>

<p>I usually post links and citations to answer the questions you asked, but I'm getting tired of giving people information that is so easily accessible. Since you've signed up for the Math 2 and have taken other Subject tests, I'm assuming you know that the College Board administers the test and has information about it on their website, so:</p>

<p>First, go to the CB website.
Second, I'd go to the Students section since it contains information about SAT tests.
Third, look at the center of the page and hit the link to Score Choice.
Fourth, read the part titled: How Score Choice™ Works, Select which scores you want to send to your score recipients
Finally, hit the last question under the FAQs and go to the link it brings up.</p>

<p>Your questions will be answered.</p>

<p>p.s. as an alternative, you could google 'SAT score choice' or many other key words pertaining to your questions.</p>

<p>x-posted w/ kr18 who is a patient soul.</p>

<p>A couple more comments, while kr18 and many others on this site post great information, for answers to questions like the OPs, one is wise to always go to the primary source. And while lists like the CBs on Score Choice Practices are a good way to start, policies can change quickly and are not always immediately reflected in general lists, so one should always confirm information on the individual college websites.</p>

<p>I actually don't think the answer is so obvious. I read How Score Choice Works and did the tutorial, and I am still confused. They gave example of SAT I. </p>

<p>If you choose Score Choice, you could choose which session you want to send in. If you took one in Jan and another in Mar, and your total score is better in Mar then you could choose to send in your Mar score. If you did better in math in Jan, better in reading/writing in Mar, and you want to send in best scores, the you will need to send in both Jan and Mar scores. My read is you can't choose to send in your math score from Jan, reading/writing scores from Mar.</p>

<p>Someone tell me if I am wrong in my interpretation.</p>

<p>I didn't read anything about SAT IIs on the Collegeboard's website. Here is question, if my daughter takes Chem and Literature tomorrow, if she does very well in Chemistry and not well in Literature, could she just report Chemistry? I thought the only way to do that was to cancel a score. If so, would someone be very patient and show me the link?</p>

<p>Thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. I read the Score Choice page and it just made me more confused. In order to use SC, do I have to send my scores within the first couple of days after I get my scores? Also, SC only allows you to send scores to 4 schools and I plan on applying to 12+ schools so I have a problem there.</p>

<p>As to math/reading/writing in the SAT, it is impossible to send only part of an SAT score. Score choice allows you not to send a test (the entire thing) but does not allow you to send only part of a test.</p>

<p>You can exercise score choice for any SAT or SAT II test. However, many colleges require you to send "all scores." However, what is meant by "all scores" varies among the colleges -- some require only all SAT scores and you can choose which SAT IIs to send and some require you to send all scores for both SAT and SAT IIs. Thus, whether you can choose not to send an SAT II score depends on college and you need to check the rules for each one to which you are applying.</p>

<p>Moreover, be aware that many high schools put all your scores on your official high school transcript that is sent to colleges so you must check what yours does before concluding that the exercise of score hoice through College Board will actually hide a score.</p>

<p>Score choice can be exercised whenever you send a score. The reference to four schools that you can list in your application for the test before you take it and score comes out is for free sends. You don't have to list any colleges for those free sends if you don't want to and want to wait until score comes out before sending. After a score comes out, you can always go on-line and send it (and any prior scores) to as many colleges as you want except then you have to pay a fee per college to do so.</p>

<p>Why would you take math II if you haven't even done TRIG yet? There are limits and stuff on that test too. I think math II is best to take after precalc. Maybe you should take math I instead. You're allowed to switch tests there.</p>

<p>Thanks Drubsa, that really cleared things up. Rainbow, my counselor advised me to take the Math II test tomorrow. My math class was supposed to start trig earlier, but my math teacher decided to spend a whole month preparing for state standardized tests instead (that's exactly what is wrong w/ our public school system). He also missed some time and we had about 7 school days cancelled.</p>

<p>Does anyone think that I should retake US History tomorrow instead of taking Math II? I scored a 720 in US last time and that was with 1 hr of studying. After studying for the AP US test, I'm sure I could raise that score 40 points. Also, if I decide to do this, will it cost anything?</p>

<p>Some schools asking for the SATII require you to take one math and one science subject test. Before you switch to history, make sure you don't need your math.</p>

<p>Kajon- I'm almost certain that I'm going to be a business major, so I doubt that I'll have to take a science. I'm applying to ND, UCLA, UT-Austin, Clemson, UGA, UNC, Va Tech, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, Oregon, U DUB, and maybe a few others. No matter what, I'm taking Math II again in the fall.</p>

<p>Other than MIT and Caltech, schools in general do not require a math and a science. A number require a math and science if you are applying for engineering and sometimes if applying for a science or math major but not for other majors. UT-Austin, Clemson, UGA, UNC, Va Tech, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, and Oregon neither require nor recommend SAT IIs. ND does not require them but recommends them. I don't know what you mean by "U DUB." Be aware that Cal Poly SLO (a college that is in a State where almost everyone takes the SAT) is one of the few colleges in the nation that states a preference for which test to submit and that preference is for the ACT.</p>

<p>OKAY, I googled it and found out U-DUB is University of Washington (how in the world did it get that abbreviation). It also does not require or recommend SAT IIs.</p>

<p>Business is kind of a strange choice for undergrad, check it, but I'm not sure all the schools you are looking at have an undergrad biz degree, most schools don't. I think you can get business econ at UCLA.</p>

<p>U Dub refers to University of Washington.</p>

<p>Dub comes from Dub-bul-you (W). We westerners like to use it to distinguish it from the other UW (Wisconsin) </p>

<p>
[quote]
My read is you can't choose to send in your math score from Jan, reading/writing scores from Mar.</p>

<p>Someone tell me if I am wrong in my interpretation.</p>

<p>I didn't read anything about SAT IIs on the Collegeboard's website. Here is question, if my daughter takes Chem and Literature tomorrow, if she does very well in Chemistry and not well in Literature, could she just report Chemistry? I thought the only way to do that was to cancel a score. If so, would someone be very patient and show me the link?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes and yes. You cannot split sections of the SAT, the entire date must be sent if you want a school to see any part of it. You can pick any SAT II from any date to send, different tests taken on at the same sitting can be split up:</p>

<p>SAT</a> Score Choice - Choose the Scores You Want To Send To Colleges</p>

<p>
[quote]
Score Choice gives you the option to choose which scores (by test date for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests™) you send to colleges — in accordance with an institution's stated score-use practice.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>also here (first hit by googling 'sat score choice'):</p>

<p><a href="http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/scores/policy%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-reasoning/scores/policy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>
[quote]
Fast facts</p>

<pre><code>* Students can select which scores they send to colleges by test date for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests™.
* Scores from an entire SAT test are sent—scores of individual sections from different test dates cannot be selected independently for sending.

[/quote]

</code></pre>

<p>University of Washington is referred to as U Dub because it is abbreviated UW. The Dub is short for double u (W). Yeah, I know, it’s weird. It's also used to distinguish University of Washington (UW) from University of Wisconsin (also UW).</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure that every school that I listed has undergrad business majors, except UCLA (I will apply for biz econ at UCLA). My top major choices are business administration (or something similar), accounting, or civil engineering, but I'm heavily leaning towards the business majors. I’m also aware that not all of these schools have civil engineering as a major. I’m mainly taking SAT II’s for UCLA (I could’ve sworn that CSU’s required them) and if I can get 650+ on Math II (already got 720 on US), it will enhance my apps.</p>