Where are we moving from and to?

Maybe @Marilyn knows that thread. I feel like she contributed a lot about her MeetUps (?) when she and her H moved to San Diego.

1 Like

I once did a presentation for a newcomers group. The newest member had been in the group for 25+ years. Groups like that have got to be hard to break into.

1 Like

This one maybe? Empty nesters- How do you make friends?

4 Likes

Thanks @Marilyn !

The year after we moved here, I organized a lunch for CC’ers in the San Diego area. It was a lot of fun! Tempted to do that again - I know there were a few such things in the east coast in prior years.

8 Likes

@Marilyn I remember you organizing the lunch, but I was out of town and could not attend. I think you should do it again!

1 Like

^^ I have heard that also and it really rings true. Been thinking a lot about all three (for next stage in life)- to inform any decision about when/where to move (in addition to keeping in mind after a move).

2 Likes

Wishing I was in a slightly different situation so I could sell my house. It’s going to be too complicated to try to do that and rent for the next few years. But I think the timing would be good to sell now (actually a few months ago), then buy back in a couple years.

I guess the good news for me is that the housing has not run up nearly as much where I am now as it has in the places I would rather be. So there will probably be a harsher correction to houses I will potentially buy than the one I will sell. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it is worth more today than it will be when I actually sell it.

3 Likes

I hear you, dadof4kids. If we sold our house right now we’d do really well. But just not ready yet, jobs are close by, etc. I think we are not alone in this!

3 Likes

As S lives in SD, I get there most years. I was planning to stay several months to care for grandson last year and was going to see if there was any interest in a meetup…long story as to why that changed. But perhaps will get there there this winter. I would love to meet any of you in SD!

1 Like

Oh, trust me, Indiana is considered flyover country! I’d love to be somewhere warmer, but have grandkids and land here, so probably not going anywhere.

Seeing the Portugal posts are a sweet memory. My grandparents especially liked Portugal. They were frugal so they could travel, and their home had many of the “X destination on $Y/day” books. Multiples of them for Portugal and Mexico.

2 Likes

Western Mass, Berkshire County. Or Worcester, MA.

Does anyone have experience with Illinois? We were wondering about Champaign /Urbana, Bloomington/Normal, Peoria and Springfield……