COMMITTED TO: University of Maryland.
SHORT SUMMARY OF STATS:
- 36 ACT, 1540 SAT.
- Moderate ECs.
ALSO APPLIED TO, SHARE THE DECISION (A/D/WL) :
- Pitt: Accepted w/ Honors and scholarship.
- Temple: Accepted w/ Honors and scholarship.
- Fordham: Accepted w/ Honors and scholarship.
- UofSC: Accepted w/ Honors and scholarship.
- Ursinus: Accepted scholarship.
- Stony Brook: Accepted w/ scholarship.
- Case: Withdrew after deferred.
- Georgetown: Waitlisted.
- JHU: Rejected.
- Harvard: Rejected.
REASON(S) FOR YOUR CHOICE:
We started out looking for school that FIT, close to home and affordable (around in-state cost). Most schools, our daughter applied for gave merits but still higher than UMD (in-state) school.
She got into some merit from UMD and also got into Integrated Life Sciences Honors program, which she is so excited to join resulting her choosing UMD over other schools.