Where can I transfer?!?

I'm graduating with my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts & Sciences from a CC in Connecticut. I have a 3.5 GPA so far and I'm only 17.
I want to transfer to a 4yr and do poli sci/prelaw.
I'd like to stay close by (Mass, CT, maybe New Hampshire or Maine).</p>

<p>The problems I keep having are the places I've been interested in either don't want my credits or don't want to offer financial aid. I'd really love a small school. However, I don't want to go to a state school and I'm already considering UCONN as a safety school. </p>

<p>What's a nice prelaw school that's transfer friendly on the East Coast?</p>

<p>What can your family afford? Going out of state can be very expensive. And there really is no such thing as pre-law. Get the degree you want.</p>

<p>I qualify for almost full financial aid at every school that gives need-based so it's not that much of an issue for me. But those schools are usually private and I'm scared they won't take my credits.</p>

<p>Are you still in high school? If you are, even though you'll have your AA, you're still an incoming frosh.</p>

<p>If so, then technically you're not a transfer student....which is good news since incoming frosh get better aid and merit.</p>

<p>What is your situation?</p>

<p>You need to check with your CC about who has articulation agreements with your school. There will likely be no privates on that list. Without articulation, you're going to be starting mostly from scratch. Better private colleges often require major courses and many/most/all gened courses to be taken at their school. What that leaves you with is your first 2 years filling up just free electives, that is, the difference between the number of credits required to graduate and the number of credits that the major+gened require.</p>

<p>No I'm not in high school. I graduate in the spring with my associates. I finished high school early and now I'm finishing college early as well.</p>

<p>and lyn I don't follow what you're saying. My college does have credit contracts with major colleges if that's what you mean. And yes some of them are private schools. That doesn't mean I want to go to those particular schools though. Unfortunately, my advisers aren't that knowledgeable about transferring credits. I know people who have gone to my CC and transferred to places like smith and brown.</p>

<p>As a transfer student, there are VERY FEW schools which will meet your full need. Brown is one of the schools that will not meet full need.</p>

<p>I don't want to go to Brown haha. But I've done the financial aid calculator for schools like Mount Holyoke and I'd receive a very generous sum of money (yes I know it may not be completely accurate). My mother is a single parent that only works part time, plus I have two sisters. I qualify for a lot of money with need based aid.</p>

<p>I would just like to know which schools are transfer friendly that are smaller with population and have poli sci/government.</p>

<p>Are you using their aid calculators for freshmen? Because you will not receive the same aid as freshmen. Like I said, very few schools promise to meet full need for transfer students - even quite wealthy schools. As a transfer student, it doesn't really matter what aid you qualify for - they will give you what they have left over. Freshmen receive the majority of the aid budget. Whatever is left over, transfer students get - which isn't much.</p>

<p>* But I've done the financial aid calculator for schools like Mount Holyoke and I'd receive a very generous sum of money (yes I know it may not be completely accurate). My mother is a single parent that only works part time, plus I have two sisters.*</p>

<p>Did you indicate that you're a transfer student? Did you indicate that you're in your second year of college?</p>

<p>Also....does MHC ask for Non custodial parent info? If so, then if your father is not deceased, then you have to include his financial info as well.</p>

<p>edited to add.
MHC and other schools do ask for NCP info.</p>

<p>Articulation agreements and credit contracts are synonymous. They are agreements between a CC and a 4-year college that specify the courses from the CC that will be accepted for credit (and more importantly, what kind of credit) at the 4-year college.</p>

<p>I know you may not want to go to one of the schools with which your CC has an agreement, and you don't have to. But, I put the chances at very, very low that you will be able to graduate in two years from a 4-year college that does not have an agreement with your CC. Then again, you're 17 with an Associate's degree. Maybe the last two years will take you six months. You're not the average case.</p>

<p>If you know people who transferred from your CC to Smith and Brown and want to follow their path, you need to talk to those people. Ask them about what credits transferred and what credits didn't and how much work they've had to do to become true juniors upon transfer.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>