<p>Does anyone have any advice with these colleges?
I have been accepted to these
Drexel($15,000 scholarship per year)
Emmanuel($15,000 scholarship per year)
UMASS Amherst(Commonwealth honors college, $2,000 scholarship per year, and free tuition)
UMASS Dartmouth($6,000 scholarship per year and free tuition)
University of Vermont
UPENN- deferred</p>
<p>I am still waiting on these
Boston College
Boston University
Bowdoin
Brandeis
Providence College
Stonehill
Washington University in Saint Louis</p>
<p>I want to major in biology then go to an IVY medical school.
Have you ever been to these schools, or do you know anything about them?
any kind of advice would be very helpful! thanks!</p>
<p>for the umass’s i would still have to pay for the fees(which is a lot more than tuition), and room and board.</p>
<p>To go to a good medical school, you need a high GPA and excellent MCAT scores. It’s easier to get a high GPA at an easier school, but a harder school, with more rigorous coursework, will better prepare you for the MCATs and for medical school.</p>
<p>You also want to avoid borrowing a lot of money for your undergraduate education, because you will almost certainly have to pay a lot for medical school.</p>
<p>Of the options you’ve listed, the UMass Amherst honors college sounds like your best bet so far. The flagship university will likely have more research opportunities than UMass Dartmouth, and the honors program groups you with other serious students.</p>
<p>Whenever I see a post like this, my first thought is: I bet this person has zero idea about the qualitative differences between an “Ivy” medical school and the many, many other med schools extant. Sure Yale Harvard JHU and some others are at the top. But a high school student that says “I want to go to an Ivy Med school” seems like so much name chasing.</p>
<p>You know what the graduate of your state medical school and the grad of Yale medical school is called today? Doctor.</p>