I’m wondering which schools are realistic for me and what I can do to improve my chances.
Schools I’m interested in:
- William & Mary
- Amherst College
- Boston College
- Trinity College
- Bowdoin College
Majors I’m interested in pursuing:
- Political Science
SAT: Haven’t taken the SAT yet but will in the Spring
Rank: Top 25%
- Section Copy Editor for my school Newspaper (since freshman year)
- Founder and Co-President of a peer support/mentoring/community building club (since October)
- Member of the Chancellor’s Student Advisory Board (since October)
- Founded a menstrual product initiative, have raised $1200 since August. Testified in front of DC Council on menstrual product legislation. (Since August)
- Co-Founder and Women’s Sports writer for a DC-based sports blog (Since June)
- Women’s Sports writer for a Los Angeles-based sports blog (since November)
- Travel Soccer player (since 5th grade)
- Youth Consultant for Child Trends (since January)
- Member of the social media team for sexual assault awareness and prevention committee at my school (since June)
- Paid job at a non-profit. Advocates for improved Mental Health for students in my school system and city. Have met with the Director of the DC Department of Behavioral Health and School Leaders.
- Paid internship (set to begin later this month)
- Teacher ones should be good since I’m very close with the teachers who will be writing them and have known them for years. My counselor doesn’t know me very well because of the size of my school.
- Named to compete in the Vildbjerg Cup, an International Soccer Tournament in Denmark. Earned the Silver Medal, earned Player of the Match honors in a Semifinal match.
I am aiming to play D3 Soccer if possible.