<p>Hey all, I'm new here first of all. I joined in order to post this because I'm honestly at a loss. Don't worry, this isn't a chance me thread. I know there are already hundreds of thousands of those here haha. This is more specific. I know the thread says NYU VS FSU VS BC, but I'm actually debating more between BC and FSU because of money.</p>
<p>I have already been accepted to CUNY: BC (City University of New York: Brooklyn College) FSU will get back to me in March, NYU in April. </p>
<p>This is sort of a thread to compare the three colleges. I want to study Film Production, so hope that helps in deciding which is the right one. I am currently a Florida Resident, so going to FSU for me (after doing several rough calculations of room, supplies, food, etc.) would be roughly 20 grand whereas Brooklyn College would be nearly 30 grand. NYU... I'd rather not say at the moment haha.</p>
<p>From the research I've done, here are the pros and cons I've come up with if I were to attend FSU:</p>
- I'm not TOO far from home, my parents said they'd be willing to drive the 8 hours to come get me and take me home for holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving. Or, I can fly.
- It's cheaper to go there because I'm a Florida Resident.
- I don't lose Bright Futures (Gold Medallion) for going out of state.
- It's a new place.</p>
- Florida is not the state for my major; I want to study Film Production. I know the best places to go for that is New York City and Los Angeles.
- I fear that Florida may be lacking internships and/or other opportunities to add to my resume, as like I said before, pretty much all films are made in NYC or LA.
- I don't know anyone there. (No family, no friends)
- FSU's film production department, from what I've heard, isn't as good or high quality as NYU's or BC's.</p>
<p>Pros and Cons of going to BC:</p>
- It's in New York, the perfect place to study for my major.
- There are bound to be far more internships and film societies/clubs I can join due to the fact it is in New York. This'll be great for my future resume.
- I'm already accepted there.
- I am near family and friends. (I do have family in New York and I know of a friend that told me if I go to NY he can help me out.)</p>
- It's more expensive because I'm out of state; almost 10 grand more.
- Flying back and forth, even for the holidays, can be a problem due to the fact New York is 25 hours from Florida (by driving) to there, and plane tickets skyrocket in the holidays.
- I lose Bright Futures.</p>
<p>Pros of going to NYU:
- One of the top schools in the country.
- It's fantastic for film.
- It's near the city, where I'm guaranteed opportunities for film internships and/or clubs.
- They have high quality professors and awesome records.</p>
- It's a private school, so it's VERY expensive. It's probably more than we can bear.
- Again, I don't get Bright Futures because I'm not staying in Florida. </p>
<p>So after looking at these, I'm really at a loss of what to do. My parents are trying to convince me to stay in Florida, but I really don't want to because I know that Florida is not the state for Film; that's all California and New York. There's just not that many opportunities here in Florida like there will be in LA and NYC. It might ruin my future for making this one mistake of college choice. NYU is already extremely expensive so Idk if I'm even going there anymore. It'd really suck if I can't go because of money. I hate how money's a factor for everything.....</p>
<p>So anyway, that's my question. Out of those three, after looking at the pros and cons of each, where do you think I should consider going? I'm honestly at a loss and I don't know what to do at this point.</p>
<p>Sorry for being so long.</p>