Which college?

<p>Hey everyone,</p>

<p>I'm from Australia and am looking to complete the last semester of my journalism studies over there in the US.
I know your probably thinking this belongs in the international section, but I am searching for a college so I thought i'd put it in here.</p>

<p>The following are a list of the college's linked with my university:</p>

<p>California State University, Sacramento
Clarkson University
Oregon State University
San Francisco State University
State University of New York at New Paltz
University of Colorado at Denver
University of Miami
University of North Carolina
University of Texas at Austin</p>

<p>I'm not really concerned about the academic side of things because it will be my last semester and probably just be elective subjects left to complete - it's more of a study holiday for me.</p>

<p>I guess i'm looking for a place that has lots of people, good social life and nice weather would be a bonus hehe. And by social life I don't really mean big drinkfests, just somewhere i'd meet people easily. Lots of sports and extra curricular activities would be cool aswell, although i'm guessing everywhere has that sorta stuff.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance :)</p>

<p>texas austin definately has lots of people...</p>

<p>UT-Austin and UNC have the most highly regarded journalism and general academic programs of the schools you list, and would satisfy your criteria. The University of Miami would be another good choice.</p>

<p>Chose one of these three:</p>

<p>University of Miami: Least community but has Miami!
University of North Carolina: Most liberal of these three, most 'campus feel'
University of Texas at Austin: Most active "bar-scene"</p>

<p>Totally one of these three. You can't go wrong with any.</p>

<p>Wow! thanks for the quick replys everyone.</p>

<p>Hmm I just checked up and it says Austin Texas is full for 2005 :(</p>

<p>So I guess it's outta North Carolina and Miami.</p>

<p>Oh and by the way its NC - Chapel Hill. But I guess you guys were referring to that?</p>

<p>Yeah, UNC-CH. I just hung out at UNC-Chapel Hill in september for a week! My friend really likes it this year, there is a pretty cool scene and alot of stuff going on. I think its pretty great, but less city like than Miami of course. So you won't really see a great US city, but you will meet alot of cool people on a "college-like" campus...</p>

<p>Supersteve. You may want to check out the student bulletin on Umiami's website. Will your degree be from the University in Australia or are you looking to fully transfer to the states and gain your degree from UM? The reason I'm asking is I know that some of the programs at UM have requirements that state that the last two years must be done at UM to earn the degree. I have a son at UMiami so if you have any other questions fire away. Good Luck with your decision!</p>