Which colleges have SPRAWLING, EXPANSIVE dorms?

<p>Remember, the "sprawling, expansive" thing is a joke. I just want to know if any of these have nice, clean dorms on the larger side:</p>

<p>UNC-CH
UNC-Greensboro or Pembroke
American U
Georgia SU
U alabama
U Georgia
Howard U
Hampton U
Swarthmore
Haverford
Davidson</p>

<p>anybody? (10characters)</p>

<p>i would probably scratch all the public schools off your list</p>

<p>Swarthmore dorms are nice</p>

<p>Bryn Mawr and Wellesley College.</p>

<p>Yeah, I second the Bryn Mawr thing. Some even have window seats and/or fireplaces!</p>

<p>At Davidson, we went in the oldest, dingiest dorm on campus that they make the freshman guys stay in (lol). The rooms looked bigger than some I've seen...but they weren't exactly "expansive."</p>

<p>They have redone all of the dorms except that one though, I think they said, and I believe it's on the slate to get renovated.</p>

<p>UNCG dorms are tiny. Some are being renovated, though. UNC-CH has moderate-sized dorms, but some are old and not-so-nice (many students live off-campus). Many UNC (any location) dorms don't have air conditioning.</p>

<p>I don't know about sprawling and expansive, but I've heard that McGill's new rez is amazing!</p>

<p>do you mean large rooms, or large buildings?</p>

<p>I have been really pleased with the American U dorms... they are some of the larger rooms I saw when touring schools, especially since we have a wall unit instead of individual dressers and wardrobes - it saves a lot of space; they are generally pretty nice and the kitchens and bathrooms are cleaned daily, etc.</p>

<p>University of Alabama to open brand new Honors dorm "Riverside" in the fall.
The dorms have 4 bedroom suites, 2 baths, with a common kitchen and study area. Check it out:
<a href="http://reslife.ua.edu/Newconstruction.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://reslife.ua.edu/Newconstruction.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>whoa fireplaces at bryn mawr? that's crazy.
aren't nyu dorms pretty nice (and expensive)?
i hear barnard and georgetown dorms (especially for freshmen) aren't great</p>

<p>george washington university has made its dorms a marketing strategy</p>

<p>Cabrini College's new residence hall is really really nice! some rooms have wall to wall carpeting, and the rooms had these awesomely high ceilings. best part is the top floor is reserved for freshman honors students :)</p>

<p>UGA's new East Campus Village is VERY nice...but may be difficult to get into as a Freshman.</p>

<p>Swarthmore dorms, I've heard, are especially gorgeous!</p>

<p>I went to my friends dorm at ASU and they were huge.</p>

<p>amherst has redone every freshman residence hall and built two new dorms the students call the 'hotel' so needless to say, their dorms are pretty nice now</p>

<p>Shoreland at Uchicago is HUGE (though it will be closing in 2008 and replaced with a yet to be built hall). </p>

<p>It's an old luxury hotel (and you essentially get what you would get when it was in business)--one that Al Capone liked apparently--that has been converted into dorms.</p>