Which is more important: Versality or Consistency?

<p>In regards to the SAT Subject Tests, what is your opinion on test choice? Is showing one's versatility more important than sticking to a common strand, or vice-versa?</p>

<p>For example: a candidate is going into something arts-related, is it best to take: World History, Math, and Biology or: French, World History, and Literature?</p>

<p>No, this is not a choice I have to make, I am just curious as to people's opinions on the basic versatility vs. consistency question.</p>

<p>Ultimately, you should take the tests that you will receive the highest scores on. In my opinion, if you can achieve the same scores on all of them, then you should go for versatility (but even then, why not just take all of them?).</p>

<p>Which ever you can get the highest score in.</p>

<p>Well, I do think they should be some logic and order in what you choose. If you plan to pursue English, I'd recommend including the Literature SAT Subject Test. If you plan on pursuing something in the sciences, one should do well on the Math II & the science exams and not submit, say, two history tests and one language test.</p>

<p>This is a good question. Let's say that you're pursuing some sort of humanities major in college. Obviously, one history and maybe literature would be recommended. But, instead of doing a language SAT II as your third, submit a math or a science, just to show you're not completely one-sided. Generally, take a good amount of subject tests (Since you're probably going to have taken two sciences and two histories by the end of junior year, try doing all of them and take the highest of each and then literature/foreign language as your third, whichever is higher).</p>