Which of these colleges offer the best opportunities for undergrads?

<p>i want to major in neuroscience ( or biology with a concentration in neuroscience) and do pre-med. i'm looking for a college that provides good internships, research opportunities, study abroad opportunities, etc anything that would increase my chances to get into a good med school.
here are the colleges i've been checking out so far:</p>

<p>university of pittsburgh
NYU
brandeis
johns hopkins (i'm planning on applying ED, in which the acceptance rate is greatly increased for JHU)
most UC's
university of michigan @ ann arbor
boston u
case western reserve university
indiana university @ bloomington (i live in indiana). </p>

<p>here are my stats: </p>

<p>HS graduation year: 2011
UW GPA: 3.5
Weighted: 3.8
SAT Composite: 1940 (math + cr: 1320. i'll take the ACT this september & i'll re-take the SAT this october)
Took all AP & honors classes offered at my school. i also took a class at a local university for college credit.</p>

<p>EC's/awards:
Played JV tennis for 2 years, varsity tennis my senior year
Academic Spell Bowl team -- state finalists all 4 years, regional champions 3 years
Math team - regional champions 1 year. state champions 1 year.
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a neuroscience competition
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a public speaking competition
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a essay writing competition
Marching Band State Runner up -- freshman year
Speech team - central indiana champions 1 year.
National Society of High School Scholars
National Honors Society
FIRST Robotics team for 3 years -- won a regional championship in 2009 (had leadership position)
VEX Robotics team for 2 years -- won a regional championship in 2009
Rocket Club
Vice President of Chess Club
Played violin for 6 years, performed at various concerts</p>

<p>Volunteer Activities: (total = slightly over 100 hrs)
Assisted my tennis coach in coaching small children
Assisted my tennis coach in his adult tennis classes
Volunteered at a local hospital
Assisted the Salvation Army </p>

<p>which of the colleges do you think i can get into? also, which of the colleges i've listed would you say provides great opportunities for undergrads in life science? money's not an issue.
feel free to suggest other colleges if you wish.</p>

<p>The best way to increase your chances to get into med schools is to have a very high GPA and very high MCAT scores. I doubt that differences in internship or study abroad opportunities make a predictable difference in med school acceptance rates. This is not to say that these differences are irrelevant to choosing a college (especially internship opportunities - just about everyone has study abroad).</p>

<p>These are all good schools, but with your current stats I'd say that Brandeis, JHU, NYU and Michigan are going to be reaches for you.</p>

<p>Very bleak chances for Berkeley, UCLA, JHU and maybe even UCSD.</p>

<p>rharan5930 how many threads have you opened in the last week? You've asked about biology majors, neuroscience, pre-med, economics, and business schools. You've wanted to know which schools would be better for Wall Street jobs and and why Fordham grads salaries are equivalent to Cornell business school grads. You get advice from people and then open another thread asking for CCers to confirm what you were told in the last thread. It's fine not to know where or what you want to study, but the less focused you are the harder it is for people to offer good advice.</p>

<p>Many of your choices are reach schools including JHU. The link below will take you to the collegeboard profile and there you will see that your GPA is in the bottom 23% and your SATS are at the bottom 25th%-tile. Is it possible that you'll get accepted to JHU in the ED round? Yes, though frankly it's a long shot; you may get deferred to RD but I also think there's an uncomfortable chance that you will be rejected outright.</p>

<p>Academic</a> Tracker - Meet College Admission Requirements - High School Class Selection</p>

<p>I suggest you go to the above sight and then search for the other schools on your list. I would consider any school where your statistics are not at the 50th%tile to be a reach.</p>

<p>IMO:</p>

<p>Michigan, UC-Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, JHU and Brandeis are reaches - maybe 1 or 2 admits here.</p>

<p>Pitt and NYU will be tougher admits than you may realize. Maybe 1 yes</p>

<p>BU, Case & IU are match to safety - 2 -3 yes.</p>

<p>Consider looking at UMinnesota and UIowa.</p>

<p>I know that the first & foremost thing is to have top grades and mcat scores but having an internship at a famous medical center could also do some good to the resume (at least from what I've heard). I really want to get involved in the high budget neuroscience research as well (not just for the resume, I really have an interest this type of research as well.)</p>