Which option is better?

<p>Which option should I choose?</p>

<p>1) Get the 2 required letters of recommendation from outside-of-school teachers; a college professor and another professor in an institute offering academic classes. These are teachers that know me VERY well and that I'm sure would write sterling recommendations!</p>


<p>2) Get the 2 required letters of recommendation from school teachers that will most likely write generic and vague recommendations, as they don't know me very well.</p>

<p>If you have to get recommendations from teachers in your high school, can you get the ones you mentioned in the first option as additional recommendations?</p>

<p>^No, I don't HAVE to get from secondary school teachers. They just need to be from ACADEMIC teachers. And we all know that the recommendations that matter the most are the REQUIRED ones, not the supplementary ones...</p>

<p>Option 1. I would also suggest that you contact the admissions office just to be sure.</p>

<p>^I did. Thank you :)</p>


<p>go with option 1 or you can choose on rec from option 1 and a second recond from one of the teachers in option 2.</p>

<p>If you can, definitely go with option 1! Personal, in-depth recommendations are always better than generic ones; the latter can hurt.</p>