Which Top School is Easiest once you get in?

<p>Basically, which top school has the easiest classes? What schools have very high admissions criteria but are not very hard once you get in?</p>

<p>Why that matters? Are you interested in getting a good education or just care about getting good grades?</p>

<p>Brown and Amherst. </p>

<p>Open Curriculum, so you have absolute freedom to decide the difficulty of your academic career. That is, if you get in.</p>

<p>They don't have the easiest classes, and you'd be hard pressed to say which top university or college has the "easiest classes," but you could take all introductory courses, and courses of relatively less difficulty within a single department to fulfill a major requirement, if you wanted to. At Brown, you can even graduate with a degree in "The Liberal Arts."</p>

<p>Open curiculum + serious grade inflation = I think Brown wins hands down here.</p>

<p>
[quote]
At Brown, you can even graduate with a degree in "The Liberal Arts."

[/quote]
</p>

<p>and this is quite absurd</p>

<p>Or go to any top private without grade deflation and major in something like communications, physical therapy, film, language, american/canadian/women's/latin american/asian studies.</p>

<p>You'll get a B+/A- curve in all your classes.</p>

<p>my guess would be Notre Dame, although I don't know if you would consider it a top school</p>

<p>Go to a school for which you are on the upper-end of their accepted students.</p>

<p>Back in the day I had a classmate who transferred from Bates. He was a top student at his HS and had crazy high SAT's. He picked Bates because it was close to his family's summer house or some equally silly reason.</p>

<p>Anyway, he got an A in every class for the first two years and then transferred.</p>

<p>This is always a question that irritates me. Yes, I know that if you want to go to graduate school or medical school you need a really good GPA, but you go to college to get an education, not the easiest one you can get while getting the prestige name too.</p>

<p>I wouldn't bank on the intro level classes being that easy at highly-selective schools. Many of them are graded extremely hard and the profs gun for non-majors who take the courses just to fulfill a requirement.</p>