List anything from what college they graduated from to what they are doing now
-My used to be high school physics teacher graduated from Stanford with a degree in chemistry and physics and got his teaching credential from Chico state
Only met him once, but the CEO of my dad’s old company. Dad used to be friends with him and go out drinking with him. He went to Berkeley, had his company acquired for 1.5 billion dollars in his 40s and walked away with 300 million dollars.
Wow! 300 million… 
I have a couple of friends in positions you would,easily recognize. But I’m not posting the positions on a public forum. Come on…that would seriously be inappropriate!
I have a friend who is a member of Congress–does that count for anything?
@HImom yes that counts
Anyone know any Sac State alumni that are successful in their careers?
Also am on 1st name basis with our Governor. We met when we were both freshmen at our flagship U.
How about the best hockey player in the world? Does that count?
I’m not sure I understand the point of this thread? Is there one?
Only because you asked about Sac State: one of my closest friends grad’d and was a mighty big player in her field. But she was the Energizer bunny about career.
If you search, you will find this has been asked and answered before. Someone I know who wouldn’t be considered traditionally prestigious in terms of money and power, but did critical work for the country was a gitmo interrogator. I’m not sure where he went to school, but I would be really surprised if it fell into a USNWR list of top 20 schools.
A college rugby buddy of mine is a well-known Senator (Dem) who has gotten a bit of national attention the last year or two.
A guy I know from my high school was head of Google Korea.
Went to high school with the guy who invented voicemail.
@roethlisburger it’s alright we can keep it updated
Element 118 was recently named to honor someone I know personally - I am a very close friend of his family member. Is this good enough?
I have sort of an odd career that grew out of a high school/college E.C. It has allowed me to meet and work with an amazing variety of well known folks, some just a bit and some for extended periods, including Nobel Prize winners, high federal government officials, and big name professional athletes. (Somehow this makes my job sound much cooler than it really is…It’s mostly a grind like all jobs.) Like @Thumper I’m not comfortable being more specific on a public forum, but in almost all cases I’ve been impressed with how down to earth these VERY successful people are…Most got where they are through years (decades generally) of hard work and a passion for what they are doing. There are very few prima donnas in the group.
I’ve met many world-famous MDs. They tend to be very nice and personable and it is an honor and privilege to know them. I have met quite a few attorneys who are also famous (some nationally and internationally as well) – they are nice as well. Really, I don’t understand the point of this thread.
A nightly cable news anchor and the US ambassador to the UN (both Yale)
I work for Santa Claus. 