Who Sent In Appeals?

<p>Ok, the deadline has now passed (4/15)....who actually sent in an appeal and to whom did you appeal? And has anyone heard from a UC appeal yet?</p>

<p>is everyone out celebrating because their appeals (and taxes) are now in the mail box and you don't have to stress about it anymore??...</p>

<p>helloooo....anyone out there?</p>

<p>UCLA appeal turned in on Tax Day, boy was that fun.</p>

<p>yes, my son decided to appeal ucla also and we drove to a postoffice at almost midnight...along with all the other "lastminutelucy's" who were mailing their taxes!</p>

<p>Thank goodness it was tax day and the po was open til midnight!</p>

<p>I appealed to UC Berkeley and UCLA....I'm not sure if it was a good idea appealing to both. How extensiely do you guys think they will cross-reference the appeals?</p>

<p>Although one poster said differently, I doubt they check. They are too overwhelmed and since its not computerized, I doubt they will know.</p>

<p>And how can they fault you for wanting to appeal to more than one school. What happens if UCLA falls short of its enrollment. Its obvious everyone applied to more than one school.</p>

<p>My son sent in his appeal three weeks ago and heard from UCLA - positively - about three days ago.</p>

<p>Congratulations! What was his basis for appeal? Give hope to the rest of us who are waiting. What were his stats?</p>

<p>Wow BigGreen congrats! So UCLA is actually responding within 3 weeks...thats good.</p>

<p>Two of my son's teachers sent in recommendations. Straight A's in 5 AP classes the first semester of his senior year. Achieved the rank of Eagle Scout.</p>

<p>BTW - we're from New Jersey - I don't know if that makes it harder to get into UCLA or easier. I suspect more difficult. Also, they don't know our high schools the way they know the high schools in California - so they might have taken the time to see that 90 percent of my son's classmates go to college, etc.</p>

<p>Did you find out he got in through UCLA's webiste?</p>

<p>Yes - when he logged into the admissions decision site, there was his acceptance letter. Earlier, after they received his appeal letter, they took down the rejection letter and posted a letter saying they had received his appeal and that he'd hear soon.</p>

<p>My son had a 4.1 weighted GPA, played two varsity sports, Eagle Scout, great recommendations, did the pre-College program at Duke last summer (got a B+ in a Duke Calculus course), started the Conservative Club in his high school, started a school conservative newsletter, Sed'y of the Honor Society</p>

<p>Good luck to all of you.</p>

<p>wow - what a smart kid...he deserves to go to UCLA...what is he majoring in?</p>

<p>Interesting how many ccers said that UCs would only consider appeals based on technical errors. Great proof that it never hurts to ask!</p>

<p>No, i think ccers said appeals were based on "new and compelling information" I think becoming an eagle scout is new and compelling.</p>

<p>is an internship with citigroup at the age of 17 considered compelling?</p>

<p>i also sent in appeals to all of my schools actually (rejected by all). but it's not looking good.</p>

<p>^ Which schools?</p>

<p>Penn, harvard, yale, pton, cmu, cornell, unc-ch, nyu</p>