Why is all twin sized bedding so awful??

<p>I'm living on campus next year and my mom's already in shop-mode for dorm decor. I have a queen at home so I have to buy new bedding. </p>

<p>Why is it that all Twin/TwinXL bedding is coarse, cheaply made, and just all around terrible?
I'm not looking for something extravagant or anything, but I'd just like bedding that is of good quality, soft, and wont fall apart when I wash it. I need 100% cotton sheets and a comforter or duvet cover, over 350 thread count, preferably over 450. I mean the mattress is going to s***, the least I can do is find something comfortable to put on it.</p>

<p>Has anyone found any decent modern style bedding out there to bring to school with them?</p>

<p>Edit:
I'm a girl, haha. Probably should have mentioned that.</p>

<p>Are you a guy or girl (its hard to tell from your post sorry!) I found my bedding (I'm a girl) from JCPenny, the seventeen collection. Its really funky and colorful and I know its super comfortable because a friend of mine has the same one. Keep looking around, I'm the same way. I need comfortable bedding, and it has to be cute! I literally searched every bedding site there is until I found the perfect one.</p>

<p>The</a> Company Store | Bedding: We're All About Comfort</p>

<p>i have gotten mine there for years. they have a lot on sale too.</p>

<p>Went through the same hunt last summer with my daughter, who moved into her freshman dorm in August. We found our best options at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Decent (not fabulous -- just decent) quality Royal Velvet brand Twin XL sheets, 400 thread count, 100% cotton, basic solid color selections. Generally, the higher-quality fabrics in Twin XL sizes are offered primarily in solids, not patterns. The color selections get better in May-August, when they put out their big "outfit your dorm room" displays. Got a lovely vintage-style soft cotton quilt there too. Enjoy your hunt, we did!</p>

<p>When I was shopping for college a few years ago, 400 thread count was the standard for cheap college bedding ( < $50 bed-in-a-bag type deals). Has it changed since?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why is it that all Twin/TwinXL bedding is coarse, cheaply made, and just all around terrible?

[/quote]

That's probably because the biggest consumer of twin and twin XL bedding are children and college students, who generally don't have much money to spend on luxury items.</p>

<p>Why is most of it awful? - What kind of a person with serious money sleeps in a twin bed?</p>

<p>Yeah, we've already checked Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target, and Ikea.
We did see sheets that would work at BB&B, probably similar to what @Auspicious posted, but we were holding out to see if there was something better out there.
Still haven't found a comforter that will work. I want something colorful with a modern print, but comfort is the first priority.
@onceaknight- I'll definitely check JCPenney, I didn't think that, thanks.
@headlinenewsrox- I'll check out that site too, thanks for the suggestion.
@b@r!um- There are plenty of cheap sets out there, I'm sure plenty are also around 400TC. But most cheap sets are only 60% cotton with 40% polyester...which is less than ideal.</p>

<p>Get jersey sheets. I think I got mine at BB&B. My comforter's a little cheap, but it works okay for me.</p>

<p>You could also get nice Queen sized sheets and just fold them in or have them droop down to the floor. Or have them cut and tailored. That may be a bit extreme though...</p>

<p>Try Crate And Barrel or Pottery Barn. That's where I got my stuff, and it's been great.</p>

<p>IKEA has really nice duvet covers</p>

<p>I got really fantastic, super soft sheets at Ross for cheap. They're made of bamboo and soo soft.</p>

<p>I got mine from Target. It seems pretty good to me.</p>

<p>urban outfitters has nice duvet covers, and the full or queen sized ons fit on twin dorm beds i hear and cover all the underbed storage. i got a bed in a bag from target my freshman year and i regret getting it as it's not very good quality.</p>

<p>Ross...thats where I get mine...</p>

<p>domestications catalog or target..</p>

<p>I got my twin xl bedding from jcpenny and it was really cute. It was Lacoste and the material was NOT cheap or horrible, as you would expect from the brand. It came as an entire bedding set and I got it for 100 which is a bit pricey than usual but the quality makes up for it! Have fun shopping!</p>

<p>I had the same problem when I went to school since I have a futon at home which takes double/queen sized bedding.</p>

<p>I got my sheets at TJ Maxx and am quite happy with them. I don't remember the brand, but each set was about $10 or $15, and they have lasted well. I'm almost done with my sophomore year and it's all holding up well. My blanket is a basic microfleece one that I bought at the Bonton Home Store, and my comforter is a regular twin that I stole from home.</p>

<p>I'm gonna order University of Oregon sheets and bed spread. It'll probably be rough, but at least I'll have school spirit.</p>

<p>Anyone familiar with the dorm in a bag sets from bed bath & beyond?</p>