Why is the ACT so hard for me?

<p>I took a practice ACT administered by the school back in December, and...I got a 22...</p>

<p>That was with no preparation whatsoever. I feel retarded. I know that sounds selfish and all, but I just don't understand. </p>

<p>Anyways, I've registered for the April ACT, to give time for preparation. And according to the practice, it seems like I need to work on all of my subjects. Mainly Math and Science. I need to work on content and time management mostly. </p>

<p>I recently ordered Barron's 36 and Barron's Math and Science Workbook. I already have the PR Cracking the ACT, and "The Red Book."</p>

<p>Are there any other books that I could use to help me prepare? Books that actually explain things well? My teachers at school don't help, so don't even mention that. </p>

<p>Or do you guys have any tips for me regarding the ACT?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>217 views and no replies? Wow...</p>

<p>Barron's helped my out greatly. I've also been talking an ACT prep class for the past few weeks. I originally scored 24, now I'm up to 29.</p>

<p>people just tell me that practice is really the only way</p>

<p>i'm taking my in april and i need to start cracking the ACT too</p>

<p>I'm using the book that ACT sells</p>

<p>When people on CC say Barron's. What version do they mean? And thanks, I appreciate your replies. </p>

<p>I just don't want to regret that I bought Barron's 36 and the Math and Science WB. I also hear the 1296 questions by PR is good too.</p>