Why most companies don't accept 2012 graduates for the 2012 summer internship?

<p>Why most companies don't accept 2012 graduates for the 2012 summer internship?</p>

<p>In what industry/ies and where is your information from?</p>

<p>They do sometimes. Just say that you plan on graduating a semester later. And then... oops, you found out you fufilled all the reqs...</p>

<p>Trying to steal an SA position away from me, eh?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>lol, this.</p>

<p>btw did you apply for the accelerated program?</p>

<p>I'm gonna apply for the other early deadline so I can take some time to spruce up my resume and CL.</p>

<p>They do sometimes. Just say that you plan on graduating a semester later. And then... oops, you found out you fufilled all the reqs... </p>

<p>Is this possible, will they find out later with bad consequence?</p>

<p>Hmm, well, I guess people usually do that as sophomores who want to get a SA position early. But I guess it possible. How will they know if you don't tell them?</p>

<p>Anyways, why not just apply full time? Or plan to stay an extra semester? Staying an extra semester would solve all your problems :D</p>

<p>I would like to stay an extra semester, but I will exceed the 130 units cap after Spring 2012. So I won't be able to stay an extra semester even I wanted to.</p>

<p>I think you can withdraw from a semester, thus forcing the 5th year.</p>

<p>You can tell them you plan on staying later, but they might have a way of finding out. Generally, companies like to have junior interns (interning their summer before their last year) because they want interns still in school so the companies won't have full liability. For what? I don't know, could be sexual harassment or whatever. The only reason I say this is because I had an informational interview with an employee from a big company and he said that companies don't want to be liable in case anything happens.</p>

<p>If you're under 130 you automatically get an extra semester. If you're over, you can petition. Say you want to add a major or something.</p>