Will I be able to get into any Ivy League or really good colleges as of right now?

<p>I am currently in 10th grade attending a magnet music high school. I have a 3.7 unweighted GPA, and I got a 140 on my 1st PSAT, and 162 on my 2nd PSAT without any preparations. Is there a chance that I can get into an Ivy League, NYU or any good school like that? The problem is, in my school, the school district is cutting funds on AP classes, so there’s only AP Music Theory and AP Biology in my school. I’m not that close into taking AP Theory yet and AP Biology might be at the same time I take my Concert Choir class every week, so I can’t take AP Biology. I am probably going to get into NHS, but I won’t have any AP courses on my application…is that a bad sign? Kids in my school got into UPenn with a 1900 SAT and 3.9 GPA, but they were Caucasian and I’m Asian, does that make a difference? I also have a really bad personal and financial situation. </p>

<p>I need advice, thank you.</p>

<p>You definitely need higher schools if you want to get into ivy league schools.</p>

<p>Being Asian does not matter in the least. You need to get your GPA to the 3.8+uw range. Also your PSAT is trending well below the average for an Ivy to be Soph. A good sophomore PSAT is 190+ and the higher the better, assuming you believe that it is good predictor of the SAT.</p>

<p>@above, being asian matters
Colleges use the diversity factor in choosing students.</p>

<p>Teen Dream. I read the OP as one of Asian discrimination. If not never mind. If so consider that since Asians are an ORM that they are actually given an admittance preference. (merit based).</p>

<p>Do you think if I study SAT and take summer SAT classes during my summer vacation, I can take that 162 to a 1900?</p>

<p>I can get my SAT to a 1800-1900, and keep my GPA to at least a 3.7. I wanna go to Tulane University? How is it?</p>